Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Clevinger: Knee Surgery (2/14)

Ouch. Man, this guy can't stay healthy.

Mike Clevinger is scheduled to undergo surgery on Friday to repair a partial tear of the medial meniscus in his left knee.
    Clevinger suffered the injury earlier this week during a training session in Indians camp. A timetable for his return will be established after the procedure. The 29-year-old right-hander was limited to 21 starts (126 innings) last season due to back and ankle problems, but he registered a 2.71 ERA and 12.1 K/9 when healthy, and he was shaping up as a potential front-line fantasy starter for 2020. It's hard to know where to draft him now.

SOURCE: Zack Meisel on Twitter
    Feb 14, 2020, 10:00 AM ET

yeow. that doesn't sound like a "he'll be fine for opening day" kind of scenario ...
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      yeow. that doesn't sound like a "he'll be fine for opening day" kind of scenario ...
      Nope, sounds more like a we'll see you in mid-May scenario (assuming no setbacks).

Comment

wait for it........

Attached Files

Comment

He's just coming off contract in my AL only league. This will make bidding interesting.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

This website says 3-6 months to return to sports...

Top of the pageMeniscus Surgery: Recovery TimeOverviewSurgery to repair a torn meniscus involves rehabilitation. But rehab varies depending on the injury, the type of surgery, and your doctor's preference. In general, meniscus surgery is followed by a period of rest, walking, and selected exercises. Every recovery is different and depends on many things. But here are some
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              This website says 3-6 months to return to sports...

https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/te7372
              It also says 4-6 weeks...best to wait until the surgery is over

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                It also says 4-6 weeks...best to wait until the surgery is over
                Welp, it does say 3-6 months for meniscus repair surgery, which is what he's undergoing.....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Welp, it does say 3-6 months for meniscus repair surgery, which is what he's undergoing.....
                  And that's just for his knee to heal. Add another month to rebuild his arm strength after not throwing for that long.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

at least we probably will have a good idea of the timetable a day after keepers are due in most leagues

Comment

of course these times are for mere mortals with regular physio ... still, it's horrible news for owners ... and for cleveland fans ... and for clevinger ...
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I recall Chipper Jones being back in a few weeks after a minor meniscus surgery in his final season. (That was the injury he suffered when he slipped coming off the field to go to the press conference announcing that he was retiring after the season because his body couldn't take it anymore, lol.) I wonder what the difference is.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          I recall Chipper Jones being back in a few weeks after a minor meniscus surgery in his final season. (That was the injury he suffered when he slipped coming off the field to go to the press conference announcing that he was retiring after the season because his body couldn't take it anymore, lol.) I wonder what the difference is.
                          Cleaning up fraying or trimming is usually a quick recovery. Smaller repair, a little longer. Major repair, longer yet. As TranaGreg noted, recovery times for premier athletes with access to virtually best-in-world medical facilities and doctors is much better than us mere mortals. But this does sound like the most extensive type of repair from what's written.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Cleaning up fraying or trimming is usually a quick recovery. Smaller repair, a little longer. Major repair, longer yet. As TranaGreg noted, recovery times for premier athletes with access to virtually best-in-world medical facilities and doctors is much better than us mere mortals. But this does sound like the most extensive type of repair from what's written.
                            Ouch.

Comment

Clevinger is expected to be able to return to action in six to eight weeks, the team tells reporters including MLB.com’s Mandy Bell

Comment

Working...
                              X