**Official RJ Top 1000 Classic Rock Songs List**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #492 Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• #493 Star Spangled Banner - Jimi Hendrix

“There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• #494 - Bad To The Bone - George Thorogood and the Destroyers

One of the funnest songs in Rock and Roll history, IMO.

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• #495 Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder (1973)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• #495. Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• #496 Blue Oyster Cult - "Astronomy"

One of the spookiest damn songs you'll ever hear

Last edited by overkill94; 02-26-2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• #497-Midnight Rider-The Allman Brothers

Comment

• #498 - Jefferson Starship - Jane

Comment

• Hmmm....OK this seems like the only appropriate pick...
                    #500 - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles), The Proclaimers

Comment

• #501 Bachman Turner Overdrive - Let It Ride

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• #502 - Burnin For You - Blue Oyster Cult

As Mith's pointed out, BOC has a very diversified set of music beyond their singles. But since I actually sang this in a karaoke bar in Mihara, Japan - an event which fortunately was NOT recorded for posterity - it's pretty special to me.

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• #503 Tenth Avenue Freeze Out - Bruce Springsteen (1975)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• #504 - The Kings -- This Beat Goes On/Switchin' to Glide

Switchin' to Glide is such a rockin tune from this Canadian one-hit wonder.

Comment

• #505-Love Shack-B-52's

Comment

• #506. Just What I Needed - Cars

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X