FanGraphs Top 100 Prospects: Franco 1st 80 FV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FanGraphs Top 100 Prospects: Franco 1st 80 FV

FanGraphs posted their Top 100 Prospect List this morning and Wander Franco is the first Future Value 80 prospect ever!

Eric Longenhagen presents his 2020 top 100 list, with reports for each player.
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Makes me sick to see them gush about O'Neil Cruz and Ronny Mauricio. I traded them both for Paxton the day before Paxton got hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Makes me sick to see them gush about O'Neil Cruz and Ronny Mauricio. I traded them both for Paxton the day before Paxton got hurt.
      Why would you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Why would you do that?
        I didn't know he would get hurt? I needed a pitcher and Paxton was at a good price.

Comment

I didn't know he would get hurt? I needed a pitcher and Paxton was at a good price.
          "Pitchers fill this game with misery and disappointment" - The Dane
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            "Pitchers fill this game with misery and disappointment" - The Dane
            Haha, very true. And rereading it now, me saying "I didn't know he would get hurt" was a dumb statement about any pitcher, and especially the Big Maple.

Comment

I like you and just didn’t want to kick you in the groin. But, yeah, that was probably not your best fantasy trade.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I like you and just didn’t want to kick you in the groin. But, yeah, that was probably not your best fantasy trade.
                I am a trade addict. It is a real problem, as it gets me into trouble. Buuuut, I love the wheeling and dealing. And I've won three of the last five titles in that league, and I still think I have the best set of keepers in the league going into this season, so no one in that league wants to hear my whining. In fact, they are much rejoicing in Mudville at the moment at my misery.

ETA: This is my MO--trade prospects when their value is high for keepers this time of year.. Try to get some surpluses and fast starters in the auction. Trade those for prospects that I identify as ready to take the next level. Hold them. Rinse and repeat. Last year I snagged Gavin Lux week 2 to a guy desperate for arms for Matt Strahm and Matt Shoemaker. I matured him like a fine wine and just flipped him for a keeper Bregman. The fangraphs list is a good one for this practice, because it identifies high risk and reward prospects that are not on other lists.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-12-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Another beautiful thread hi-jack! The old-schoolers know how to bring it.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Another beautiful thread hi-jack! The old-schoolers know how to bring it.
                    Ok Mr. Braves fan. Let's do right by the OP. Franco--better career than Acuna, yay or nay? Unfair to compare a prospect to a proven super star, but 80 FV and all. The glowing reports compel the comps for dynasty leagues.

Comment

Ok Mr. Braves fan. Let's do right by the OP. Franco--better career than Acuna, yay or nay? Unfair to compare a prospect to a proven super star, but 80 FV and all. The glowing reports compel the comps for dynasty leagues.
                      I would take Acuna in a heartbeat. Franco has never played above A advanced, and his numbers are not crazy in speed or power.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I mean at this point given what we’ve already seen for Acuna it’d be downright foolish to predict a better career for probably anyone else I can think of. So I’ll say Acuna. BUT! it would lol be fun to see how close Franco can get to that level.

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                          FanGraphs posted their Top 100 Prospect List this morning and Wander Franco is the first Future Value 80 prospect ever!

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2020-top-100-prospects/
                          Thanks for posting, I was waiting for this. I wish BA wasn't behind a paywall, I used to love to read their list.
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Thanks for posting, I was waiting for this. I wish BA wasn't behind a paywall, I used to love to read their list.
                            I disagree....

Comment

Why does nobody believe I enjoy a good thread hijack? I have done them myself many times. Tough crowd. I thought you were old school enough to remember that, which means, like me, you aren't young, lol.

No idea who has the better career. Acuna is the probability pick; he's performed at the highest level at a silly young age (and probably would have a year younger (talent is talent), but the Braves sucked that year so no reason to bring him up a year early like the Nats did with Soto), but Franco is scary good. My guess is that Acuna is easily the better fantasy player but Franco could beat him in WAR---as a middle IF he'll get more on defense and the HR and SB that Acuna will bust him in for fantasy don't help in WAR as much as Franco's likely OBP advantage. But, if both stay healthy and don't have a weird downturn in production (much more likely for Franco---he's only made it to A+, but if he is as good as advertised, he'll be up in 2020; the Rays are good and some talent won't let you wait), why bother quibbling over inner-circle HOFers?

Comment

Working...
                              X