Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FanGraphs Top 100 Prospects: Franco 1st 80 FV

FanGraphs Top 100 Prospects: Franco 1st 80 FV

FanGraphs posted their Top 100 Prospect List this morning and Wander Franco is the first Future Value 80 prospect ever!

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2020-top-100-prospects/
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Makes me sick to see them gush about O'Neil Cruz and Ronny Mauricio. I traded them both for Paxton the day before Paxton got hurt.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Makes me sick to see them gush about O'Neil Cruz and Ronny Mauricio. I traded them both for Paxton the day before Paxton got hurt.
    Why would you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Why would you do that?
    I didn't know he would get hurt? I needed a pitcher and Paxton was at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I didn't know he would get hurt? I needed a pitcher and Paxton was at a good price.
    "Pitchers fill this game with misery and disappointment" - The Dane
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    "Pitchers fill this game with misery and disappointment" - The Dane
    Haha, very true. And rereading it now, me saying "I didn't know he would get hurt" was a dumb statement about any pitcher, and especially the Big Maple.

I like you and just didn’t want to kick you in the groin. But, yeah, that was probably not your best fantasy trade.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I like you and just didn’t want to kick you in the groin. But, yeah, that was probably not your best fantasy trade.
    I am a trade addict. It is a real problem, as it gets me into trouble. Buuuut, I love the wheeling and dealing. And I've won three of the last five titles in that league, and I still think I have the best set of keepers in the league going into this season, so no one in that league wants to hear my whining. In fact, they are much rejoicing in Mudville at the moment at my misery.

ETA: This is my MO--trade prospects when their value is high for keepers this time of year.. Try to get some surpluses and fast starters in the auction. Trade those for prospects that I identify as ready to take the next level. Hold them. Rinse and repeat. Last year I snagged Gavin Lux week 2 to a guy desperate for arms for Matt Strahm and Matt Shoemaker. I matured him like a fine wine and just flipped him for a keeper Bregman. The fangraphs list is a good one for this practice, because it identifies high risk and reward prospects that are not on other lists.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-12-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Hall of Famer
    Another beautiful thread hi-jack! The old-schoolers know how to bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by cavebird View Post
    Another beautiful thread hi-jack! The old-schoolers know how to bring it.
    Ok Mr. Braves fan. Let's do right by the OP. Franco--better career than Acuna, yay or nay? Unfair to compare a prospect to a proven super star, but 80 FV and all. The glowing reports compel the comps for dynasty leagues.