Official RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Last year we did a 16-team mock which we played out Best Ball style (congrats Fresno Bob, who won yet had no interest in doing that!)

Who's up for it this year?

1- revo
    2 - mgwiz
    3 - feral slasher
    4 - ts garp
    5- thatrogue
    6- joncarlos
    7- hornsby
    8- pauly
    9 - dmt
    10 - quoin
    11 - bene futuis
    12- swampdragon
    13- kldub4life
    14- cool hand
    15 - piney boy
    16- *open*

I would like in please. After 30 years of NL only I've taken the plunge this year in to Mixed. Old dog, new tricks.

Comment

I'll do it again.

Comment

In....
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I’d like to join in the fun. What’s “Best Ball” format?
          2021 Auction Anatomy
          2021 Keeper Decisions
          2020 Auction Anatomy
          2020 Pre-Auction
          2015 Auction Anatomy
          2014 Auction Anatomy
          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
            I’d like to join in the fun. What’s “Best Ball” format?
            Basically we don't make any moves the season. And it's not roto... it's points, designed to mimic the values players would have in 5x5.

If I remember from last year, at the end of every day, your best 2B, your best 3B, your best 5 outfielders, your best 9 pitchers, etc... would have a point total. And then you add up the daily points to get season standings.

So if I have Rendon and Mikael Franco as eligible 3Bs, and one day Franco gets 9 and Rendon gets 3, then I get 9 points at 3B that day.

Last year stunk because there was no position flexibility. I'm sure it's just really hard on their best ball calculator. But every player just has one position (so Bregman is just 3B, for example) to make the comparisons work.

It's also not really roto, it's points, so there's no requirement that you draft speed or saves. A closer like Hader still puts up the same number of points as a 5th or 6th round SP would, but it doesn't matter if you actually have saves.

The upside is you don't have to manage your team every day or every week. Once the draft is over you're done. Just follow along if you want to, or don't if you don't care. There's no moves to make.

I'd still play if we did best ball, but I'd prefer not.

Comment

As always, in...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

The reason why we use Best Ball is because some want to play this out, others don’t. This way, there’s no lineup changes or waiver wire pickups. The system just runs the standings and that’s that.

Comment

I will play

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Basically we don't make any moves the season. And it's not roto... it's points, designed to mimic the values players would have in 5x5.

If I remember from last year, at the end of every day, your best 2B, your best 3B, your best 5 outfielders, your best 9 pitchers, etc... would have a point total. And then you add up the daily points to get season standings.

So if I have Rendon and Mikael Franco as eligible 3Bs, and one day Franco gets 9 and Rendon gets 3, then I get 9 points at 3B that day.

Last year stunk because there was no position flexibility. I'm sure it's just really hard on their best ball calculator. But every player just has one position (so Bregman is just 3B, for example) to make the comparisons work.

It's also not really roto, it's points, so there's no requirement that you draft speed or saves. A closer like Hader still puts up the same number of points as a 5th or 6th round SP would, but it doesn't matter if you actually have saves.

The upside is you don't have to manage your team every day or every week. Once the draft is over you're done. Just follow along if you want to, or don't if you don't care. There's no moves to make.

I'd still play if we did best ball, but I'd prefer not.
                    Thanks JC. I’d prefer Roto with traditional moves, but I’m in, either way.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I'm in for best ball.

Comment

Sure.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

bump. Let's get 5-6 more then we'll start it up.

Comment

add me

Comment

Do you have the rules for this version of best ball? How many rounds?

Comment

Working...
                              X