Official RJ Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Is this really just your 4th post on RJ? If so, Welcome!! If not, what other name were you operating under previously?
    He's been in a few mocks we've held. Longtime listener, first time caller.

Comment

Is this really just your 4th post on RJ? If so, Welcome!! If not, what other name were you operating under previously?
      I've been posting for the last 5 years or so and participated in previous mock drafts here all under the same name "quoin". But last year I found my id went awol. I managed to re-register using the same login and here I am again but with no history. Some days I wish I could do that in real life.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Comment

• Busy with work today and didn't realize we were starting tonight. However, I have made my selection:

With pick 1.01, That Rogue's Gallery selects Ronald Acuna, Jr, OF, ATL

Cool Hand is on the clock...

(I'll add commentary as to why I chose Acuna, after a few more picks are made.)
        ((I didn't get a text message that it was my turn to pick, even though I chose that option. Has that happened to anyone else who's used Fantrax in the past?))
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Had no idea we were starting today. Just happened to login after work, seconds after the 1st pick.
          Mike Trout. Duh.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
            Mike Trout. Duh.
            Why is it Duh?

Comment

Why is it Duh?
              Seemed as apropos as any other possible explanation/bloviation.

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                Seemed as apropos as any other possible explanation/bloviation.
                Oh, I'm not against the pick, I just think it's a tossup with the guy who goes 3rd in this draft.

Comment

Oh, I'm not against the pick, I just think it's a tossup with the guy who goes 3rd in this draft.
                  I'm not sayin it's the only pick, it just seems to be one that required no justification.

Current Lineup:

Comment

I went back and forth a bit regarding all three of those guys. Once the third guy is picked, I'll detail my thinking.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Sorry, was in a client meeting. Pick made.

Comment

• Does the clock run all night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Does the clock run all night?
                          Nope. Stopped from midnight until 8am EST.

Comment

• I would absolultely take Trout first in an OBP league, which this kind of is.

Mookie is probably not the ideal pick at 5 - both Cole with his monster Ks or Soto with his OBP could make more sense. In LA Mookie will have way less RBI chances batting leadoff. But I'm hoping that batting leadoff means the increased PAs he'll get over some other guys will make up some of the difference in a points league.

Mostly I just love Mookie and wanted to pick him if there was any way to justify it.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              I would absolultely take Trout first in an OBP league, which this kind of is.
                              That's a good point - we should have established whether it was actually an AVG or OBP mock (don't care about the points aspect, as Revo has said ad nauseam, the goal was for this to be a mock for practice)

Comment

That's a good point - we should have established whether it was actually an AVG or OBP mock (don't care about the points aspect, as Revo has said ad nauseam, the goal was for this to be a mock for practice)
                                The Fantrax scoring gives you a point for walks so I am assuming it's like an OBP league.

Comment

Working...
                                X