X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    What pick did Price go at?
    10.03, Pick #138

Ugh, hated the Will Smith pick. I guess you have to take a catcher eventually, and he's prime for a solid year with little in his way (for now), but I figured the other guys I wanted had a shot of being around when I pick again. We'll see how that works out.

I also was considering Puig here, but was kind of relieved he was taken right in front of me. At this point, not sure if he gets a full season in, and history has shown that late signees have a good shot of having a sub-par season.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I continue to hate all of the SP options. I see the justification for jumping Heaney up. Sad that I missed out on David Price.
      Tell me about it...he was next in my queue. I was hoping for Price and Rosario on the last turn.
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• I'm interested to see how JC's team turns out. High in power, but low in speed and only 1 SP.

I'm finding that my speed-heavy strategy may have gone a little too overboard, as there are still plenty of speed options but relatively few power options left.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          I'm interested to see how JC's team turns out. High in power, but low in speed and only 1 SP.

I'm finding that my speed-heavy strategy may have gone a little too overboard, as there are still plenty of speed options but relatively few power options left.
          We're going to end up with a variety of strategies. I'm ignoring speed completely and probably saves also for points based scoring and just trying to focus on power, innings and playing time.

Comment

I'm interested to see how JC's team turns out. High in power, but low in speed and only 1 SP.

Thats because people are drafting to get bragging rights, not to practice for their roto leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Thats because people are drafting to get bragging rights, not to practice for their roto leagues.
              It's almost like I predicted this would happen

Comment

• There's probably as many points based leagues as roto leagues out there now, so it's fine to just practice for either.

I thought this was a no judgment league

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  There's probably as many points based leagues as roto leagues out there now, so it's fine to just practice for either.
                  You think so? All the content is aimed towards roto and to a lesser degree H2H. I rarely read articles targetting points leagues. I would bet you are wrong, points is still niche.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    It's almost like I predicted this would happen
                    Those are fair points.

I play in one league, a 12 team, NL-only 5x5 Roto Keeper League. There's just no way to use this Mock as practice, so for me, it's more for the fun of drafting with/against the RJ'ers that I miss interacting with...as well as to see if I can put together a competitive team that has a shot to win. I get to play hunches and gamble on players by taking them earlier than logic/ADP says I should. I can also build around a strategy that is contrary to traditional roto categories, because punting saves or steals has no negative consequence here, as long as I draft players that will accumulate the greatest number of total points.

Once upon a time, I recall there being multiple RJ Mock Drafts each spring, and I believe they catered to different formats. That's probably the closest way to get a true practice for individual leagues, although slow drafts lack the urgency of real-time drafts, and thus will always have somewhat skewed results.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      You think so? All the content is aimed towards roto and to a lesser degree H2H. I rarely read articles targetting points leagues. I would bet you are wrong, points is still niche.
                      I'm basing that on online cash leagues; many of them are based on points now. I definitely prefer roto myself but there has been a dramatic rise in online points leagues in recent years.

I think it's harder to do content on points leagues because there are so many variations.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                        Those are fair points.

I play in one league, a 12 team, NL-only 5x5 Roto Keeper League. There's just no way to use this Mock as practice, so for me, it's more for the fun of drafting with/against the RJ'ers that I miss interacting with...as well as to see if I can put together a competitive team that has a shot to win. I get to play hunches and gamble on players by taking them earlier than logic/ADP says I should. I can also build around a strategy that is contrary to traditional roto categories, because punting saves or steals has no negative consequence here, as long as I draft players that will accumulate the greatest number of total points.
                        No negatives other than for those trying to use the mocks for data, but I've harped on that wayyy too much, especially for someone who isn't even drafting in it.

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                        Once upon a time, I recall there being multiple RJ Mock Drafts each spring, and I believe they catered to different formats. That's probably the closest way to get a true practice for individual leagues, although slow drafts lack the urgency of real-time drafts, and thus will always have somewhat skewed results.
                        I thought about another mock too. I think the reality is that a) the universe of posters here is not big enough to support a lot of simultaneous mocks, and b) ubiquitous online drafts have made early mocks less useful. If I want to do a mock, I can just go do a $10 fantrax draft instead and get results from people who are all playing the same game as what I'm interested in and for a very minimal cost.

Comment

I'm basing that on online cash leagues; many of them are based on points now. I definitely prefer roto myself but there has been a dramatic rise in online points league in recent years.
                          That's mostly DFS though.

Yearly leagues are still mostly roto. And the content is still mostly aimed towards roto (thankfully).

Comment

That's mostly DFS though.

Yearly leagues are still mostly roto. And the content is still mostly aimed towards roto (thankfully).
                            No, it's for full season online cash leagues as well.

Comment

No, it's for full season online cash leagues as well.
                              Yeah, roto is still the majority. We had this same discussion a few years ago too and then we went and found CBS data and everyone was surprised it was still dominated by roto.

Comment

Yeah, roto is still the majority. We had this same discussion a few years ago too and then we went and found CBS data and everyone was surprised it was still dominated by roto.
                                I doubt it would be the same results today as things are changing, and how much credibility do you want to place on CBS data?

Comment

Working...
                                X