Best keeper options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best keeper options?

This is an odd league in which there are 10 owners drafting from 16 MLB teams plus certain players not on those teams. It's basically the equivalent of a 17-team mixed league. We do not have contracts; to keep someone, you pay them 150% of the previous year's salary or $4, whichever is more expensive. We are 5x5 with OBP instead of AVG and SB minus CS instead of SB. We have a 21-man active roster and a 9-man bench; on the bench, there is no distinction between major and minor leaguers.

We keep 7. I am definitely keeping Bellinger $8 and Rendon $24. Below are the possibilities for the other 5. Who from this list do you like?

C Garver $4
    1B/3B Y. Gurriel $4
    2B/SS L. Urias $4
    SS C. Seager $18
    OF Aquino $4
    OF K. Calhoun $4
    OF Haniger $11
    OF Pham $8
    OF Robles $8
    OF Te. Hernandez $4
    P Desclafani $4
    P T. Rogers $4
    P Stripling $5
    P J. Urias $4
    Last edited by Erik; 02-12-2020, 05:13 PM.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Garver
    Aquino
    Robles
    Pham
    Rogers
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Gurriel
      Aquino
      Pham
      Robles
      Rogers

Which teams are eliminated? That might change my vote on Garver.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        It changes from year to year. Voting on that ends this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Garver
          Aquino
          Robles
          Pham
          Rogers
          I'm with DMT on this one.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I don't trust Aquino. Definitely keeping Yuli, Pham, Rogers, Garver. I'd add Robles as my 5, even though the net steals thing might not help him. I don't like anyone else enough that it really matters what 1B/C are available to compete with Yuli and Garver.

Comment

Willie calhoun? If so love the dude. Also robles pham and cant decide on a fifth

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Especially if it's the Twins...

Comment

C Garver $4
                  OF Pham $8
                  OF Robles $8
                  P T. Rogers $4
                  P J. Urias $4

Gives you a nice balance of power, speed, and pitching. I think Urias gets 150 innings this year, and they'll be pretty good innings.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

I see Haniger on the list. Is the consensus that he is broken at this point? How far has he fallen in value?

Comment

This is an odd league in which there are 10 owners drafting from 16 MLB teams plus certain players not on those teams. It's basically the equivalent of a 17-team mixed league. We do not have contracts; to keep someone, you pay them 150% of the previous year's salary or $4, whichever is more expensive. We are 5x5 with OBP instead of AVG and SB minus CS instead of SB. We have a 21-man active roster and a 9-man bench; on the bench, there is no distinction between major and minor leaguers.

We keep 7. I am definitely keeping Bellinger $8 and Rendon $24. Below are the possibilities for the other 5. Who from this list do you like?

C Garver $4
                      1B/3B Y. Gurriel $4
                      2B/SS L. Urias $4*************See Aquino
                      SS C. Seager $18*************at $27. he is probably overpriced, especially in a shallow league
                      OF Aquino $4***************$6. is certainly worth keeping
                      OF Calhoun $4**************same as Aquino
                      OF Haniger $11
                      OF Pham $8***************$12. is a great price***keep
                      OF Robles $8**************same as Pham
                      OF Te. Hernandez $4
                      P Desclafani $4
                      P T. Rogers $4
                      P Stripling $5
                      P J. Urias $4*********possibly a keeper, depending on use in ST--$6. is very good in most formats, maybe not yours?
                      Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I see Haniger on the list. Is the consensus that he is broken at this point? How far has he fallen in value?
                        Pretty far, IMO. He’s missing a chunk of the front end of the season on top of recovery challenges.

I can see the Yuli versus Aquino argument, but I misread Willie Calhoun. I was mistaken and would take him over either Yuli or Aquino
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Pretty far, IMO. He’s missing a chunk of the front end of the season on top of recovery challenges.
                          On top of "wasn't that great last year either"

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Willie calhoun? If so love the dude. Also robles pham and cant decide on a fifth
                            Sorry, Kole Calhoun.

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post

C Garver $4
                              1B/3B Y. Gurriel $4
                              2B/SS L. Urias $4*************See Aquino
                              SS C. Seager $18*************at $27. he is probably overpriced, especially in a shallow league
                              OF Aquino $4***************$6. is certainly worth keeping
                              OF Calhoun $4**************same as Aquino
                              OF Haniger $11
                              OF Pham $8***************$12. is a great price***keep
                              OF Robles $8**************same as Pham
                              OF Te. Hernandez $4
                              P Desclafani $4
                              P T. Rogers $4
                              P Stripling $5
                              P J. Urias $4*********possibly a keeper, depending on use in ST--$6. is very good in most formats, maybe not yours?
                              Hey Scott,

The prices I listed are their keeper prices this year. Aquino, Urias, etc. would be $6 if I kept them in 2021. Not something I need to consider until this time next year, as there are no long-term contracts.

Comment

Working...
                              X