No announcement yet.

Best keeper options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seager, Rendon, Pham, Teoscar, Plesac, Julio Urias.

There's a valid argument to be made that Robles will get you more value this year than Julio Urias, but I'd be unwilling to give up Julio's upside for a guy you can keep for 4/8/12/18 from '21 to '24 if I'm reading your rules right.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post

1B Y. Gurriel $4
      SS C. Seager $18
      3B Rendon $24
      3B L. Urias $4
      OF Haniger $11
      OF Pham $8
      OF Robles $8
      OF Te. Hernandez $4
      P Plesac $4
      P T. Rogers $4
      P J. Urias $4
      Tough call for the 6th spot between Plesac and Pham. I'd probably go Pham.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Tough call for the 6th spot between Plesac and Pham. I'd probably go Pham.
        I know Plesac is overrated this year, but paying 2x for Robles vs Plesac feels... wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I know Plesac is overrated this year, but paying 2x for Robles vs Plesac feels... wrong
          Taste those sweet, sweet SBs with a hint of post-hype elite prospect. Mmm mmm delicious! Much better than Flea Sack over there.

(Plesac is a fine choice. I'm not big on him this year but $4 ain't shit.)
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Taste those sweet, sweet SBs with a hint of post-hype elite prospect. Mmm mmm delicious! Much better than Flea Sack over there.

(Plesac is a fine choice. I'm not big on him this year but $4 ain't shit.)
            Not impossible but you need to get a big rebound from Robles just to get onbase to get those SBs. If he hits like he did last year, oof. On the other hand Plesac is the 25th pitcher going off the board this year.

You certainly could be right about Robles being better than he's shown and Plesac being worse than he has shown, but to get to the point where you'd pay $4 more for Robles you are wayyyy off from the market. That's okay, and good to have counter opinions, but if that's the case you should be trading Plesac at minimum, dropping him seems wrong. The market value is relevant here IMO even if your valuation disagrees with it.

Comment

I AM THE MARKET!

But yeah, trade Plesac. Even better, pull off the unicorn trade and two for one some combo of Plesac/Pham/Robles for a keeper upgrade! Never happens but it's always fun to suggest.

Comment

I'm interested in knowing how you come to the 18 eligible teams, and how the players that are available but not on those teams are selected.
                One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                  I'm interested in knowing how you come to the 18 eligible teams, and how the players that are available but not on those teams are selected.
                  Each year we vote on which teams to use. Each owner ranks the teams from 1 to 30 and the commish uses a weighted scoring system to rank them. Ballots tend to be based on quality of teams and number of players from a team likely to be kept -- sometimes a team projected to be good will be shut out because people think most of its good players will be kept.

If you have a player on your roster whose team is not in the draft pool this year, he can still be kept. For example, we don't have the Angels this year but I could still keep Rendon. And in the 4th round, each owner nominates one player from a team not in the pool. We instituted that rule when Alex Rodriguez signed with the Rangers, so we could still draft A-Rod without having to deal with his mediocre teammates.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I AM THE MARKET!

But yeah, trade Plesac. Even better, pull off the unicorn trade and two for one some combo of Plesac/Pham/Robles for a keeper upgrade! Never happens but it's always fun to suggest.
                    Funny thing is, someone has already identified my team as one for which to try the unicorn trade proposal -- said he would give 2 or 3 guys for Bellinger. I said I wasn't interested.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Seager, Rendon, Pham, Teoscar, Plesac, Julio Urias.

There's a valid argument to be made that Robles will get you more value this year than Julio Urias, but I'd be unwilling to give up Julio's upside for a guy you can keep for 4/8/12/18 from '21 to '24 if I'm reading your rules right.
                      Julio would actually be 4/6/9/14 if kept all those years.

Comment

I'm going to throw back Robles $8 and I have until EOD Saturday to change my mind. If I kept him I'd be throwing back Pham $8, Plesac $4 or Urias $4. There was no trade market, everyone else wants to package multiple guys for a stud too.

There is a new owner who is doing an expansion draft, so whichever of those four I ditch could well end up on his team.

Comment

Pham, Plesac, and Urias at those prices is really nice.

I agree with your call so it seems like the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            I'm going to throw back Robles $8 and I have until EOD Saturday to change my mind. If I kept him I'd be throwing back Pham $8, Plesac $4 or Urias $4. There was no trade market, everyone else wants to package multiple guys for a stud too.

There is a new owner who is doing an expansion draft, so whichever of those four I ditch could well end up on his team.
                            I threw back Robles and the expansion owner didn't take him. We also allow people who kept less than 7 to pluck players thrown back from other rosters to get their keepers to 7 (in years with a new owner, this happens after the expansion draft), and no one took him then either. We didn't have WAS in the pool of teams this year so he's not going to be on anyone's roster.

Comment

Working...
                            X