Online draft about to start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online draft about to start.

16 team Keeper, H2H, draft with OBA and holds added. Slow draft.

I pick 5th with this as the board: Strasburg, Villar, Abreu, Goldschmidt, Cruz, Corbin, Darvish, Kluber

Here is the roster with changes going into the last of the draft.

C - Carson Kelly
    1B - Trey Mancini
    2B - Brandon Lowe
    3B - Matt Chapman
    SS - Amed Rosario
    CI - Yandy Diaz
    MI - Garrett Hampson
    OF - Christian Yelich
    OF - Ronald Acuna
    OF - Luis Robert
    OF -
    Util -

SP - Charlie Morton
    SP - Lance Lynn
    SP - Carlos Martinez
    SP - Carlos Carrasco
    RP - Josh Hader
    RP - Hector Neris
    RP - Keone Kela
    P - Andrew Heaney
    P - Shohei Ohtani
    P - Ross Stripling

BN - Jo Adell OF
    BN - Wander Franco SS/3B
    BN - Royce Lewis SS
    BN - Alex Kirilloff
    BN -
    BN -
    BN -

I made two trades prior to the draft and one pick. I traded the 5th overall pick and Kevin Newman for Hector Neris and Josh Hader. With my two picks, I took Carlos Carrasco and Keone Kela. Nothing now until after pick 300.

Update: New trades.
    Mondesi, final year, and draft consideration for Alex Kirilloff and Brandon Lowe, both with three more years.
    Victor Robles and draft consideration for Carlos Martinez and Trey Mancini

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-25-2020, 12:51 AM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Your team looks great, and I agree with taking a pitcher there - I think Darvish would be a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Your team looks great, and I agree with taking a pitcher there - I think Darvish would be a good choice.
      That was actually my thought before I read onejay's comment or your post.

Comment

Corbin hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Corbin hands down.
          I was going from the Darvish/Kluber options he gave at the bottom. If all are available lets just take Strasburg?

Comment

It looks really good in terms of talent level - you clearly have far more than 1/16th of the talent in the league - but even in this weird offensive environment it feels like you might be skewing a bit too far toward speed and low-OBP players. Maybe Yelich and Acuna make up for that, or maybe Newman stays surprising, but you have a lot of Mondesi/Rosario/Hampson/Newman/Robles and not a lot of actual power hitters. I think you'll need to do some rebalancing.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I agree on speed overkill, especially with the extra stats diluting the impact. OBA is a stickier issue, especially with Mondesi. I tried to trade him, but the injury snuffed his appeal. More likely I get a bite on Amed Rosario and/or Victor Robles.

I had planned to keep Darvish and give up the pick until I saw what would be available. Now, he's the downside.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Just traded Kevein Newman plus minor draft value for Hector Neris. Now, if Villar falls to me, I'll take him, a SP the next round and then a lot of RP.

One expert commented that I should use the minimum SP and try to win both holds and saves (separate categories) every week. We'll see if that is even a possibility.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

is the plan to dump OBP and try to get the extra point for having double the steals of the next best team?
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

The plan was to rebuild the team by acquiring young talent. I got Mondesi in 2018, for example, Chapman the year before and Hampson last season, all off WW. Last season I went all in on prospects, hence Franco, Adell and Lewis. Roberts and Robles are long term keepers who had been taking up a roster spot for no gain.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Is this 6x6? If so, starters values are reduced a bit and a solid overall hitter with pop has added value.

Does Hampson qualify at 2B?

You have enough youth on your team that a guy like Abreu or Goldy, if still available, would be a nice fit for you.

Comment

Yes Hampson does.

No chance at Goldschmidt. We have a German and a Cardinals fan picking in front of me. Abreu is a possibility, which moves Yandy to CI where he belongs.

I will have to see how long to my second pick. A lot of team exercise options which shortens the rounds considerably. That said, I still think a SP and an ace RP are my first options.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Is it 6x6?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            Is it 6x6?
                            H2H

There are separate categories for BA and OBA and for Saves and Holds, it that answers the question.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I have the 5th and 11th pick on this board. Ranks are Yahoo. A total of 238 players were kept, almost exactly half the league's roster space. Interestingly, with Acuna and Yelich, I have first and last alphabetically.

I would be up, but I traded the pick for Josh Hader and other consideration.

25 Strasburg, Stephen SP Was
                              47 Villar, Jonathan 2B,SS Mia
                              49 Corbin, Patrick SP Was

67 Cruz, Nelson Util Min

55 Goldschmidt, Paul 1B StL
                              59 Darvish, Yu SP ChC
                              71 Abreu, Jose 1B CWS
                              94 Castellanos, Nick OF Cin
                              98 Moustakas, Mike 2B,3B Cin
                              105 Kluber, Corey SP Tex
                              108 Puig, Yasiel OF Cle
                              109 Carrasco, Carlos SP,RP Cle
                              114 Diaz, Edwin RP NYM
                              115 Jansen, Kenley RP LAD
                              121 Contreras, Willson C ChC
                              127 Andrus, Elvis SS Tex
                              133 Hendricks, Kyle SP ChC
                              Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-12-2020, 07:24 PM.
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X