No announcement yet.

Online draft about to start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love me some Darvish but I think your #5 is probably Moose or Cruz. Depends if you think Hampson will be a worthwhile starter at 2B or not.

Comment

I’d take them in the order listed - Darvish, Cruz, Abreu. Only the would I jump to Moose.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I love me some Darvish but I think your #5 is probably Moose or Cruz. Depends if you think Hampson will be a worthwhile starter at 2B or not.
        Why not Abreu, since he's 1B, CI eligible? Cruz is Util only.

Hampson is at least a Band-Aid. Moustakas has 2B eligibility, but he won't last to my second pick and I don't think he's worth the first. I made an offer for the #2 pick. Both of mine for #2 and about #25. I'm hoping for Villar, but I'd take Strasburg if I had to.

I'm getting nibbles for the #12 pick, but nothing solid yet.

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-11-2020, 09:42 PM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I haven't played H2H in a long, long time, but isn't it pretty SP heavy?

Comment

I traded the rights to Goldschmidt, Darvish, Abreu, etc. for Josh Hader and draft consideration.

I am now 7th up, with the 11th overall pick.

FWIW Villar went 1st.

J
            Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-13-2020, 02:15 AM.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

So you got Hader and moved down six places?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                So you got Hader and moved down six places?
                No. I traded Hader for the 5th pick. I also had the 11th, which I still have. In addition to 2020, Hader is a cheap keeper in 2021.

I was hoping to have a chance at Villar (1st overall), since Hampson is my only 2B. After Moose, the next available 2B are Dee Gordon and Rougned Odor. Oh well.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

woof. Note that Gordon isn't even a starter this year, at least as they've planned. Shed Long might be interesting though.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    woof. Note that Gordon isn't even a starter this year, at least as they've planned. Shed Long might be interesting though.
                    I have a hard time believing the Mariners will really not start Gordon somewhere. I'm just hoping he doesn't bump Mallex Smith to the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I have a hard time believing the Mariners will really not start Gordon somewhere. I'm just hoping he doesn't bump Mallex Smith to the bench.

Dee Gordon will get little playing time for the Mariners. He’s undraftable at this point.

The problem is they never found a partner, and now they’ve got to find a way to utilize him this spring that keeps him engaged and upbeat. He’ll still get some reps at second base, he’ll even play some shortstop (he’s played 173 games there in the big leagues) and get a look in the outfield, where he opened the 2018 season as the starting center fielder when Robinson Canó was still here.

“There will still be some opportunity to Dee,” Dipoto said recently.

Seattle manager Scott Servais will have to be creative in how and when he deploys Gordon, who still could be potentially moved, as injuries with teams always come up in spring. “As far as having a plan laid out, I think we have to be open,” Servais said.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        That's actually typical of all the positions. There are two or three reliable players, then it's the JoaTMoN, the unproven or the disproven for the rest of the way. SS is Elvis, Segura, then Jon Berti and Nico Goodrum.

Best depth is at RP, but, it's beginning to look like I can get a decent SP when I come up. Here is an updated list.
                        I am 5th up.

Update: We had an off list pick of Justin Turner, the last middling or better 3B. I am now guaranteed a decent pitcher.

59 Darvish, Yu SP ChC
                        105 Kluber, Corey SP Tex
                        108 Puig, Yasiel OF Cle
                        109 Carrasco, Carlos SP,RP Cle
                        114 Diaz, Edwin RP NYM
                        115 Jansen, Kenley RP LAD
                        121 Contreras, Willson C ChC
                        127 Andrus, Elvis SS Tex
                        133 Hendricks, Kyle SP ChC
                        134 Santana, Carlos 1B Cle
                        Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-14-2020, 09:08 AM.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

The first third of the draft is over and I have no picks in the middle rounds (used them on keepers). When I come up next, we will be in the 300s. So far I have
                          • Traded Yu Darvish and Kevin Newmann for Josh Hader, Hector Neris and 2021 draft consideration.
                          • Drafted Carlos Carrasco
                          • Drafted Keone Kela

According to Yahoo, there are eight players of the top 200 left, headed by Wilson Ramos.

I updated the OP with the current roster, trades and picks in italics.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Wait, a head to head league with holds and you already have 3 closers in the first third of the draft? I feel like that's the wrong strategy. Isn't the best strategy in H2H punting saves? Especially in a league with holds?

Obviously I could be wrong, but those would have been my guesses without more information on this league.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Wait, a head to head league with holds and you already have 3 closers in the first third of the draft? I feel like that's the wrong strategy. Isn't the best strategy in H2H punting saves? Especially in a league with holds?

Obviously I could be wrong, but those would have been my guesses without more information on this league.
                              It's complicated. Short version, the first third is almost exclusively rentals, ie one year deals. The last third is 90% prospects and just started. In the league, 238 of 480 players kept. The middle third is 3/4 exercised options. See OP for the roster to date.

All but eight of the top 200 were gone at this point and probably half the 200-300 player kept. In any event, no position players of note were available and holds are easier to acquire than saves. I plan to do that in the late stages and from WW.

I did another trade. My problem child, Adalberto Mondesi plus a pick around 325 for Alex Kirilloff and Brandon Lowe. Both Kirilloff and Lowe come with three years of options. Mondesi was out of options.

J
                              Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-18-2020, 11:33 PM.
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I think at some point I have to accept that your league format doesn't make sense to people outside the league. You seem smart and you have a bunch of good players and very very few of the decisions you've made make sense to me, so I assume that's my problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X