Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodgers/Red Sox/Twins Trade all but done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgers/Red Sox/Twins Trade all but done.

Looks like the Dodger REALLY wanted Mookie, I mean REALLY. They're dealing Maeda...Twins get Maeda, $10M and prospect to be named shortly. Dodgers get: Graterol, Prospect to be named, And Comp B pick, probably 67th overall. All pending the dreaded medicals.

Red Sox get out from underneath the Price contract and also get Jeter Downs, who's now been traded twice in less than a year. Other scattered pieces as well.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Looks like the Dodger REALLY wanted Mookie, I mean REALLY. They're dealing Maeda...Twins get Maeda, $10M and prospect to be named shortly. Dodgers get: Graterol, Prospect to be named, And Comp B pick, probably 67th overall. All pending the dreaded medicals.

Red Sox get out from underneath the Price contract and also get Jeter Downs, who's now been traded twice in less than a year. Other scattered pieces as well.
    Sounds like the Sox get Verdugo/Downs and Connor Wong. Twins coming out of this great I think.

Comment

All the press on these deals are centered around former MVP and CY Young winners going to LA... But I can't believe that more is not being covered about the other LA team getting both Strippling and Joc P for Luis Rengifo + a prospect? The Angels are getting 2 solid starting players for a backup INF? As a Angels fan, I love all of these deals.

Anything short of a WS title for the Dodgers = bad for LAD - I am one of the few that think getting Betts and Price will be a disaster for them.

Comment

wait, the Red Sox traded for JETER?
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
          All the press on these deals are centered around former MVP and CY Young winners going to LA... But I can't believe that more is not being covered about the other LA team getting both Strippling and Joc P for Luis Rengifo + a prospect? The Angels are getting 2 solid starting players for a backup INF? As a Angels fan, I love all of these deals.

Anything short of a WS title for the Dodgers = bad for LAD - I am one of the few that think getting Betts and Price will be a disaster for them.
          Per MLBTR, the Angels-Dodgers deal is now dead. The Dodgers are going to have a lot of OF, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Per MLBTR, the Angels-Dodgers deal is now dead. The Dodgers are going to have a lot of OF, lol.
            Probably using the Red Sox mo to get a better deal

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post

That deal was always going to be a salary dump (and Joc is in his final season), which happens fairly often.
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Your Twins did well in the revisitation. Threw in a not bad but not great prospect and #67 pick and get an extra $10 mil. Are they using Scott Boras as a consultant?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Your Twins did well in the revisitation. Threw in a not bad but not great prospect and #67 pick and get an extra $10 mil. Are they using Scott Boras as a consultant?
                  LOL...could do worse. They're also getting one of the Dodgers lesser prospects, but it's a pretty strong system, so who knows? The guy thy sent to LA is a 25 YO former Dodger, if I'm not mistaken...had a good year in AAA last year and maybe they think he can become a Muncy light.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Apparently, the Dodgers had concerns about Rengifo's statistical reports.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                      Sounds like the Sox get Verdugo/Downs and Connor Wong. Twins coming out of this great I think.
                      I'd agree with that, assuming it actually happens.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I realize it’s unlikely to happen, but Arte needs to get over his butthurt and figure out how to get this deal done. The Angels are a for-real competitor with Joc and an upgrade to their #3 SP.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          I realize it’s unlikely to happen, but Arte needs to get over his butthurt and figure out how to get this deal done. The Angels are a for-real competitor with Joc and an upgrade to their #3 SP.
                          Yea, it is a good move for the Angels. The fact the Angels were the ones the pulled out perplexed me.

Comment

you don't trade a home grown star like that. it's like the Fred Lynn trade all over again. even tho he was drafted by the NYY first. heh. is that right?

i hope this doesn't start another exodus and we lose Carlton Fisk
                            Some may say that the Red Sox survived without their two lost players on that day, but many Red Sox fans feel that their favorite players (as Fisk and Lynn were both heavy fan favorites) were ripped from them on that day https://calltothepen.com/2018/12/20/...isk-fred-lynn/
                            and Rick Burleson was gone not long after. i think the Dodgers and Angels were involved then.

very painful memories as a kid. the redsox fucked up doing this. i am sure Alex Verdugo and Jeter Downs are fine players. but this year the average redsox fan will be saying, damn i wish Betts was up AB now instead of Verdugo.

if this is what happens when you get zealous and overspend, and have to give up the 2nd best player in baseball. you fucked up

Comment

the great thing about Carlton Fisk was if you were a Yankee like Lou Piniella looking to cause trouble and get someone injured in a brouhaha, you didn't do it with Fisk on the field. and that's the intangible sort of thing you expect from your teams catcher. his presence kept the peace. even though he was a great hitter, you can't invent a sabermetric for that... i think, ehe

maybe we can figure out how many pitchers Carlton Fisk saved from being body slammed and injuring their shoulder?

Comment

Working...
                              X