Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    So....do we vote to veto it?
    Not me. I'm saving all my vetoes for Rush songs.

Seriously, it's not like it's a bad song. It's just not one of the first dozen or so I'd come up with.
    Last edited by chancellor; 02-13-2020, 05:11 PM.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I'm going with a list based on a balance between (a) what I like/prefer/would-still-listen-to, and (b) what should be on a list like this regardless of my prejudices/tastes.

So even if I really really like a particular song, if no-one else would ever likely pick it, I probably won't.
      I thought that was a great first pick and in the spirit of what I had in mind when I set this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I thought that was a great first pick and in the spirit of what I had in mind when I set this up.
        Part nostalgia pick, Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms was the first album I ever bought ...

... and part, best mid-tempo rock n' roll song of all time IMO

Comment

Part nostalgia pick, Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms was the first album I ever bought ...

revo grabbed my first pick with Layla- but I would have went more traditional than the movie sound track. I was hoping it would make it to me but not surprised it didn't.

Comment

great song! Love love love the guitar solos
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Mith - nice call.

Comment

Ms. Lucky has now chimed in on the draft, opining that "1000 songs" is way too ambitious. She also laughed when I read her the list of entrants, saying it was the usual suspects for sure.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Nice pick, Pauly. Always in rotation.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                    Nice pick, Pauly. Always in rotation.
                    Thanks!

Comment

will there be a single post with the master list of songs taken?

BTW, my approach to this thing is not trying to come up with any order to picks ... if a song is in my head & I think it's worthy of being on the top 1000 list, I'll put it out there.

I heard a song that I hadn't heard in 20 years yesterday - definitely not a top of mind song, but I'll probably put it forward; and my availability is very mixed so don't wait for me either, I'll make my picks up later
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Do I wait for chance? Or is the two hour limit not in effect yet?

(Oh...1000....ha ha ha ha.....)
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

yeah we need a master list so we can search it and dont repeat picks.

I also dont get why we are waiting for each other on a list this big. If you are here and you havent posted in a while, just post.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                            Ms. Lucky has now chimed in on the draft, opining that "1000 songs" is way too ambitious. She also laughed when I read her the list of entrants, saying it was the usual suspects for sure.
                            Are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              yeah we need a master list so we can search it and dont repeat picks.

I also dont get why we are waiting for each other on a list this big. If you are here and you havent posted in a while, just post.
                              After noon today the only time limit is that you must wait two hours between your own pick. You get 5 picks per day. So at noon today everbody can just post their next song wait two hours and go again.

When you say master list are you talking about just 1-1000 with names only because I have already created the official list thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                After noon today the only time limit is that you must wait two hours between your own pick. You get 5 picks per day. So at noon today everbody can just post their next song wait two hours and go again.

When you say master list are you talking about just 1-1000 with names only because I have already created the official list thread?
                                yes just a straight text list that you can search to make sure it wasnt taken. If that's too much trouble no worries.

Comment

Working...
                                X