The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Sorry Gregg. Blaze of Glory is on my list of worst songs ever.
    No problem. I appreciate the input.

It is actually my favorite Bon Jovi song.

I am not alone. Per Wikipedia:

"Blaze of Glory" is the debut solo single by Jon Bon Jovi which reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the Mainstream rock chart in 1990,[2] his only chart-topper away from his band Bon Jovi. The song also reached No. 1 on the Billboard Album Rock Tracks chart.[3] "Blaze of Glory" also topped the ARIA music chart in Australia for a total of six weeks, and reached No. 13 on the UK Singles Chart.[4]

I also loved the movie Young Guns II.

Comment

• And Judge Lucky with another snake off Gregg's list. It was coming off the boards today. Thought I could wait to the end of the day on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        And Judge Lucky with another snake off Gregg's list. It was coming off the boards today. Thought I could wait to the end of the day on that one.
        "Stay with me" is a fantastic tune.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          "Stay with me" is a fantastic tune.
          Sorry Mith, Wind Up is one of the wors....ok just kidding. One of my favs that I thought I would get near the end of the draft. Nice pick.

Comment

• Also a big fan of "Stay With Me".

Yea I'll pay your cab fare home
            You can even use my best cologne
            Just don't be here in the morning when I wake up

Comment

• Was wondering when someone was going to break the Soundgarden cherry

Comment

• "Piano Man" is a very good song, but I never liked it.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Sorry Johnny, beat you by a few seconds, yours will be #585

And you've popped another grunge band's cherry!

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                    Sorry Johnny, beat you by a few seconds, yours will be #585

And you've popped another grunge band's cherry!
                    Gotcha ... given the particular demographic of this draft ... someone's gotta do it

Comment

• Frampton's "Show Me the Way" is the best singing-in-the-shower song ever.
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Gotcha ... given the particular demographic of this draft ... someone's gotta do it
                        I thought that was me

Comment

• Just realized that Sprawl II had been brutally and unfairly stolen from me.

*startsplottingvengence*

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Just realized that Sprawl II had been brutally and unfairly stolen from me.

*startsplottingvengence*
                            I almost picked something else because I was looking for one from the aughts.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              I thought that was me
                              You, Me and DMT. Now that sounds like a movie with a decent soundtrack.

... and overkill ... occasionally Mith.

Not so bad I guess.

Comment

• Great picks today. Wind Up, Black Hole Sun, just to name a couple. Some I wish I had thought of. Fun draft.
                                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                                X