The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Sirius xm is counting down their top 1000 rock classics of all time. I thought we might do a better job of it. In the spirit of this I would hope we would not look at the sirius web site for ideas. Pick your favs and let's see what or how far we get.

I thought first we should determine who wants to play.

I think the rules should be simple. I suggest:

We just post first come first serve and put a number on it.

Can only post one song at a time.

Must wait 2 hours between each of your own posts.

Can only pick one song per artist per day

Max 5 picks per day.

Anyone want to play?

Ozzy SATO. no-one actually knows what the acronym stands for. some say it means sailing across the big ocean. it's notable that it's the song before diary of a madman. and i think it leads into it well.

i would've said diary of a madman, the way it play violins in the background that blow you away when you anticipate them. but for me it's because if you think about the cartoon movie watershipdown, making a video to it with SATO is #1 on my bucket list. it just goes together and no-one has done it yet. probably one of the best albums of all time. maybe i'll finally make that video someday, and you'll see what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Sirius xm is counting down their top 1000 rock classics of all time. I thought we might do a better job of it. In the spirit of this I would hope we would not look at the sirius web site for ideas. Pick your favs and let's see what or how far we get.

I thought first we should determine who wants to play.

I think the rules should be simple. I suggest:

Can only pick one song per artist per day

Max 5 picks per day.

Anyone want to play?
      I'd play this.
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

interesting ... so we don't do it in numerical order?
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          interesting ... so we don't do it in numerical order?
          Nope. Once we go we go. It then is about time we are only waiting for our own clock.

Comment

will there be a master list or something?

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

I'll play ... I like these drafts were you can only lose to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  will there be a master list or something?
                  No list to pick from.

The list will be the players. We will be creating the 1000 best according to RJ.

The other list will be 1-1000 as we post.

If you are in agreement there will be one first round determined by number of players randomly selected to get us started. Then it will fall to the two hour rule for picking.

Comment

I'm in but still not sure how it works. Can you give an example?
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I'm in but still not sure how it works. Can you give an example?
                      Let's say we have 10 players. We decide to start Sat. Feb 15th. You are player #1 and I am #2 and so on for the rest of the 10. First time/round draft will be determined randomly. Every one will know first day and time and when they pick.

You pick Happy Birthday- by ABC. You cannot pick another song be this group for 24 hours. You can pick another song in two hours from your post regardless of who has or who has not posted. Max songs per day is 5 for each of us.

I pick the Chicken Dance by wedding at #2 I can't pick Polka Polka Polka by wedding for 24 hours.

1-Happy Birthday- ABC- DMT
                      2-Chicken Dance-wedding- Gregg

The goal is get the best (as determined by us) 1000 rock songs. Hopefully we can post the performance for all to enjoy.

Comment

Let's say we have 10 players. We decide to start Sat. Feb 15th. You are player #1 and I am #2 and so on for the rest of the 10. First time/round draft will be determined randomly. Every one will know first day and time and when they pick.

You pick Happy Birthday- by ABC. You cannot pick another song be this group for 24 hours. You can pick another song in two hours from your post regardless of who has or who has not posted. Max songs per day is 5 for each of us.

I pick the Chicken Dance by wedding at #2 I can't pick Polka Polka Polka by wedding for 24 hours.

1-Happy Birthday- ABC- DMT
                        2-Chicken Dance-wedding- Gregg

The goal is get the best (as determined by us) 1000 rock songs. Hopefully we can post the performance for all to enjoy.
                        So we're just picking 1000 songs, not trying to get them in order from THE best song down?
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

I'm in.
                          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Oh, heck, yeah, I'm in.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

So is there any kind of veto if we loathe another person's pick?
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                              X