The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another shockingly late debut.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Could bring myself to go 5 for 5 with classic rock tracks ... I did try.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Another shockingly late debut.
        Fugazi, Paul Simon or Midnight Oil? Re: the latter, Peter Garrett had/has some of the best dances ever.

Comment

Another shockingly late debut.
          Technically, still to make their debut ...

Comment

• Love "Rocket Queen"!
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Love "Rocket Queen"!
              i must not have heard that song in 25 years or so. Solid pick
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It is not so surprising to me that Son of A Preacher Man was picked. It is surprising who picked it. It almost seems that there has to be a back story on that one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  It is not so surprising to me that Son of A Preacher Man was picked. It is surprising who picked it. It almost seems that there has to be a back story on that one?
                  Hmm, not sure why you would think that, but just a big fan of the song. It's entirely possible my first real exposure to it was through Pulp Fiction, but I honestly don't recall.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Strokes playing a reasonably small venue in Belfast on Monday. Standing tickets currently £158 per ticket.

Seriously debating it ...

Comment

Hmm, not sure why you would think that, but just a big fan of the song. It's entirely possible my first real exposure to it was through Pulp Fiction, but I honestly don't recall.
                      Maybe because of the age of the song (forgot about Pulp Fiction), the style of the song, combined with your age. That and there are a lot of backstories/memories tied to my own picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Maybe because of the age of the song (forgot about Pulp Fiction), the style of the song, combined with your age. That and there are a lot of backstories/memories tied to my own picks.
                        I'll start taking memory picks soon. With stories. Sparing some details.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• "Heart of Gold" was my 1st pick in the NY draft, was hoping it'd fall further, but because of that draft I have several more on my list.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• The lack of masturbation songs was disturbing.

Comment

• I picked Alive ages ago

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I picked Alive ages ago
                                I deleted his post, so DMT, you can pick again

Comment

Working...
                                X