No announcement yet.

The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the line on "rock"? I was surprised to see a Johnny Cash pick (no knock on Cash....I just don't consider that music "rock".

I started to pick a Monkees song today in honor of the one year ago passing of Peter Tork but wasn't sure the Monkees counted.

Does Disco? Motown?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      Where's the line on "rock"? I was surprised to see a Johnny Cash pick (no knock on Cash....I just don't consider that music "rock".

I started to pick a Monkees song today in honor of the one year ago passing of Peter Tork but wasn't sure the Monkees counted.

Does Disco? Motown?
      It's a thin and blurry line for sure. I thought Folsom was the most rock & roll-sounding Cash song to me. Plus it rocks.

Comment

• Have a Cigar was one of my Floyd choices left.

In a gadda.....hell yeah!!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Chance with the nice snag on Smoke!
          Yep. First Purple song, correct?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            Where's the line on "rock"? I was surprised to see a Johnny Cash pick (no knock on Cash....I just don't consider that music "rock".

Does Disco? Motown?
            I hope it is fun for all.

We are need to use our own thoughts on what to pick.

I do promise that if someone posts Disco, I will put up a veto request and call for a vote.

Maybe someone will start a Disco draft later on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Nope, I took Hush over Smoke. I figured I would only get one. Surprised Smoke made it this far.

Comment

Have a Cigar was one of my Floyd choices left.

In a gadda.....hell yeah!!
                I had in a gadda on the island draft. Crickets. So I thought I could get it near the end. Love it. Misplayed it for my list. Well done.

Comment

It was. There's one or two more I might snag if you and Gregg don't take them today.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I do promise that if someone posts Disco, I will put up a veto request and call for a vote.

Sounds like someone who was at Comiskey Park that fated day....
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Ah, but is it bestball format?

Comment

• Nice snag of "In the Garden of Eden". A religion themed run!
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Man... I walk away from my computer to have a conference call with my boss and you guys pilfered my list!

Some really good stuff this morning!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                            Yeah, I keep forgetting that Gregg will snap up tunes like Badge if I leave them out there.
                            Says the guy who steps right it front of me for You Keep Me Hanging On! My second album I ever bought.

I am watching you...

Comment

• Johnny sniped my VU song! One of the coolest songs ever!!

Comment

• How bout increasing the daily load from 5 to 7-10?

Comment

Working...
                                X