The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    No effin way...someone took that one? That was gonna be my deep sleeper in the 900s
    Sorry Charlie! I think “Stacy’s Mom” is perhaps the best pure pop song of the last 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Sorry Charlie! I think “Stacy’s Mom” is perhaps the best pure pop song of the last 20 years.
      That song rocks...but stay away from my Divynls pick haha

Comment

• My five picks today were all from different decades, 50s-90s. And ain't that a shame that Fats Domino is only now making his first appearance. Happy Mardi Gras!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Need to catch up a bit ...

Comment

• The FAT MAN!! I have one or two from him to pick later.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Excellent!

Nicely played.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                My five picks today were all from different decades, 50s-90s. And ain't that a shame that Fats Domino is only now making his first appearance. Happy Mardi Gras!
                Nice job.

I thought I had one left, but I am out of bullets.

Comment

• The founder of the group Mazzy Star died today. I’m pretty sure I saw someone picked a song by them in this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    The founder of the group Mazzy Star died today. I’m pretty sure I saw someone picked a song by them in this draft.
                    Damn really?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Damn really?
                      Yeah. David Roback.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/obituaries/story/2020-02-25/david-roback-mazzy-star-dead%3F_amp%3Dtrue

Comment

• I guess the question of early to mid 90s being classics has been replaced with the question of mid 2000s being classics

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I guess the question of early to mid 90s being classics has been replaced with the question of mid 2000s being classics
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I guess the question of early to mid 90s being classics has been replaced with the question of mid 2000s being classics
                            Easy for me. And Crazy won't be the most recent pick I'll make, either. But this one's a slam dunk, IMO.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Easy for me. And Crazy won't be the most recent pick I'll make, either. But this one's a slam dunk, IMO.
                              It was on my list, though I wasn't expecting you'd be the one to snake it.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                I do love that song, so I don't blame ya

Comment

Working...
                                X