The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    How bout increasing the daily load from 5 to 7-10?
    I'm good with that. Whatever # is decided
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      How bout increasing the daily load from 5 to 7-10?
      The only issue I have with that is not everyone can be on here all the time. We all know many songs, but we have to give all a chance.

I would be good to go to 7 per day as long as we maintain two hours between picks and cannot pick the same group more than once a day.

I am just one voice so please weigh in, if it passes we can plan to start at noon tomorrow?

Comment

• I'm fine with 5 per day TBH. Some people aren't making their quota as it is ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          I'm fine with 5 per day TBH. Some people aren't making their quota as it is ...
          True.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Just for funsies, here are my favorite picks from each squad:

johnny - #60 Paranoid Android - Radiohead (my first round pick in the songs draft)
            DMT - #238 Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears (1985)
            Mith - #72 Powderfinger - Neil Young
            Gregg - #279-Cream Badge
            Pauly - 36. Emerson Lake and Palmer - From the Beginning
            revo - 107-Meat Loaf -- You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth
            Redbirds - #28 Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
            chancellor - 32 - All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
            onejayhawk - I'm confused, why did he post a bunch of other peoples' picks?

For those not listed, there's no way I'm sifting through the whole thing to find your picks so put your roster together!

Comment

• Great pick with Ace of Spades!

Comment

• Aretha was one of the five artists I was shocked hadn't yet been picked. The other four remain on the sidelines.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• We're almost 1/3 finished, five picks per day send like a good pace.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Aretha was one of the five artists I was shocked hadn't yet been picked. The other four remain on the sidelines.
                    I think it is because while she had some crossover songs, she is not considered much of a rocker.

That said chance snagged Respect awhile back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I think it is because while she had some crossover songs, she is not considered much of a rocker.

That said chance snagged Respect awhile back.
                      Yep, I had a list of three from her and didn't want to risk my other two going back-to-back.

And she's in RnR HOF so I'd say she's perfectly eligible.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Great pick with Ace of Spades!
                        It's the only card I need!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          It's the only card I need!!
                          If you pick Ace of Base next we're going to have words.

Comment

• I guess it's a classic-rock-day today: Floyd, VU, CCR ...

Comment

• So Ace Frehley is dog meat or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I guess it's a classic-rock-day today: Floyd, VU, CCR ...
                                Theeeeere's a bathroom on the right!

Comment

Working...
                                X