• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    I panicked
    Just add a 2.0 on the end

Comment

• Good to see Elvis. I have a few of his loaded to go.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Street Spirit and Fade Into You

... nice cheerful start to the day right there.

Comment

• "Ramble On" was among the handful of Zep songs I was considering. I'm reading The Hobbit with my daughter right now.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Well it's about damn time!
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Well it's about damn time!
              You Really Got Me?

Which, BTW - kudos on the Brandy pick. You surprised me with that one; figured one of us old guys would get that one out there later.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• You Really Got Me is one of the all time greats.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Yes it is, and you flushed me out from sitting on my Kinks tune as well.
                  I have always felt that All Day and All of the Night was punk as hell.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    You Really Got Me?

Which, BTW - kudos on the Brandy pick. You surprised me with that one; figured one of us old guys would get that one out there later.
                    Thanks... One of my all-time faves. And the Kinks lasting over 200 picks is insane...another super deep catalogue so I'll get one but still.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      Yes it is, and you flushed me out from sitting on my Kinks tune as well.
                      I have always felt that All Day and All of the Night was punk as hell.
                      Dang! I was going to go back to back Kinks with that!
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• "Golden Brown" is pretty cool. Really dig it.

Comment

• Mith is crushing in the total time logged for his picks.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Can't say I'd ever heard "Golden Brown" until seeing Snatch - super catchy tune.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              "Golden Brown" is pretty cool. Really dig it.
                              Is Golden Brown a known song stateside? It's pretty iconic here ... but The Stranglers were never a huge band here, so I don't imagine they made an impact in the US.

This song is famous for getting lots of airplay, including prime time TV ... that was before they found out it's about taking heroin.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Is Golden Brown a known song stateside? It's pretty iconic here ... but The Stranglers were never a huge band here, so I don't imagine they made an impact in the US.

This song is famous for getting lots of airplay, including prime time TV ... that was before they found out it's about taking heroin.
                                I've never heard of it but dig it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X