The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    I've always been drawn to them but never quite became a superfan. Their greatest hits was one of my first CDs when I was 15, they were my first ever concert, and when Napster came around I was able to sample a lot of their non-hits (most of which I liked). It's hard to catch all the way up with a band who's been around for 50 years but I should at least dig in a little more.
    Try the "Imaginos" album. It is their heaviest by far. Has a lot of conflict behind it. Some even question whether it should be considered a BOC album. I love it and like I said, it rocks!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Did we ever establish a cutoff date for songs?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Did we ever establish a cutoff date for songs?
        Nope.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I've been planning to pick "Just What I Needed" for at least three days but inexplicably kept pushing it back.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I've been planning to pick "Just What I Needed" for at least three days but inexplicably kept pushing it back.
            Me too. Just figured it was time.

Comment

• Did we ever establish a cutoff date for songs?
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Hate to comment on one of my own picks.......BUT, Henry Rollins is funny as shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  #508 Peter Gabriel - "Solsbury Hill"

Not following super closely but seems like a major steal.

Comment

• I recently saw Booker T. live, great show.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

I recently saw Booker T. live, great show.
                      Very nice.

Was Green Onions the encore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Very nice.

I think they were the entree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Very nice.

No, but another one of my favorites was.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• It feels like half my picks lately are reactionary.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Haven't seen The Commitments in years ... must fix that soon.

Comment

It feels like half my picks lately are reactionary.
                                Strange pick. And why did you pick it over and over?

Artist: UmbrellasSong: ReactionaryAlbum: Umbrellas__________________________Lyrics:There's a stain on your shirtFrom where you spilled the red wineI almost r...

Comment

Working...
                                X