The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Haven't seen The Commitments in years ... must fix that soon.

Comment

Love that movie!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Love that movie!
        Classic ...

"Roid Sally Roid"

Can't find the Mustang Sally rehearsal scene on YT

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          Not following super closely but seems like a major steal.
          I always knew Garp had the best taste on RJ

Comment

Great flick....kinda Searching For Wilson Pickett on screen.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Kinda F'd up ... meant to pick Bowie, Iggy & Lou B2B ... forgot and picked Alice In Chains in between.

How long does a mound of coke last in their company?

Comment

• Shorter than a can of Coke in my company?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Kinda F'd up ... meant to pick Bowie, Iggy & Lou B2B ... forgot and picked Alice In Chains in between.

How long does a mound of coke last in their company?
                  I went for a little game, too...sort of sad nobody noticed. Picked three classic rock songs in a row, each with three word titles, the last word of each of which is "Ride".

Magic Carpet Ride
                  Ride Captain Ride
                  Let It Ride

I almost went with a fourth. How many know what it would have been?
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                    I went for a little game, too...sort of sad nobody noticed. Picked three classic rock songs in a row, each with three word titles, the last word of each of which is "Ride".

Magic Carpet Ride
                    Ride Captain Ride
                    Let It Ride

"Roid Sally Roid" obviously

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

Magic Carpet Ride
                      Ride Captain Ride
                      Let It Ride

Ticket to Ride?
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Ride my see saw?
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I'm going with Free Ride

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Ticket to Ride?
                            Wow, I forgot completely about that. Good call for number five.
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              I'm going with Free Ride
                              Not a three-word title, but great guess and fine tune.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                Ride my see saw?
                                Close, but no cigar.

Comment

Working...
                                X