X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m good with that.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• One of the Zep songs I would have hoped to grab a little later was Ten Years Gone, kinda surprised -- pleasantly surprised that is -- that it went before the normal Zep-fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I joined a "rock classics of all time" draft, not a "classic rock" draft. Vetoing any and all arbitrary period limitations.

If folk wanted hard-rules and limitations, it should have been done beforehand.
        Agree with this. I have some post-2000 songs to choose.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          One of the Zep songs I would have hoped to grab a little later was Ten Years Gone, kinda surprised -- pleasantly surprised that is -- that it went before the normal Zep-fair.
          fifth overall baby! Best Zep song imo

Comment

• One of the great crimes in music history is the fact that Marc Bolan never became the massive star that he should have been in the U.S.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Man do I love White Rabbit.

Comment

• I'm wondering if we should have placed a limit on number of songs a person can pick of a single artist. I'm going to try to limit myself to one but we'll see how it goes.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  I'm wondering if we should have placed a limit on number of songs a person can pick of a single artist. I'm going to try to limit myself to one but we'll see how it goes.
                  Picking just one zep song is a crime!

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    I'm wondering if we should have placed a limit on number of songs a person can pick of a single artist. I'm going to try to limit myself to one but we'll see how it goes.
                    To foster an explosion of Chance's head, my next 10 picks were going to be Rush songs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      To foster an explosion of Chance's head, my next 10 picks were going to be Rush songs!
                      lol...not hard to do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        I know. I already picked 2!

Comment

same!

Comment

Same could be said for the Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, Bowie, and a band that hasn't even been picked yet!
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Re: Killing in the Name of - One of my faves, but I kind of made my cut-off 1989. If we are going into early 90s for classic rock, it really opens it up for me with all the nirvana, pearl jam, alice in chains etc etc.

But mostly, I wanted to nominate "Laid" by James.
                              James is one my favorite bands.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Zep groupies.

Comment

Working...
                                X