The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    yes just a straight text list that you can search to make sure it wasnt taken. If that's too much trouble no worries.
    I can do that. I will set that up this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      yes just a straight text list that you can search to make sure it wasnt taken. If that's too much trouble no worries.
      I'm just going to make my picks without looking at any list....then you guys can tell me I've messed up. You guys like doing that, right?
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

You know my thoughts on Stairway. GOAT!

Whipping Post is great .
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So is Gimme Shelter - which, after Mith brought it up in an earlier thread, I'm now in agreement is the best Stones song.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            When you say master list are you talking about just 1-1000 with names only because I have already created the official list thread?
            Don't let him bait you, Gregg.

Comment

I am assigning the over/under for eventual songs in this list as 483 - anyone taking the over?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                I am assigning the over/under for eventual songs in this list as 483 - anyone taking the over?
                I'll take the over
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Btw, shouldn't we just be numbering these 1-1000 rather than by pretending there are rounds?
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Ticking away......

Classic song!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So, now we're into the open phase? I'm going for it....

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        So, now we're into the open phase? I'm going for it....
                        Yep, #11
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Yep, #11
                          Done, and good pick, BTW. I'm hoping all my favorite Pink Floyd tunes don't get burned out too quickly.

Comment

Just so I understand....I've posted, so now I have to wait 2 minutes to post again?

Comment

Revo, #13 and good one. (For those who don't recall, "Hey Bulldog" was #1 pick in the Beatles song draft).
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Is there a date cutoff to be considered "classic"?

Comment

Working...
                                X