Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay. Another T Rex pick!

My favorite Journey song picked.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Yay. Another T Rex pick!

My favorite Journey song picked.
      Yep, big fan also. Have you seen the story of Bolan's son's education being fully paid by David Bowie? And at the time I read the article they'd never even met! Hopefully they got the chance to meet before he died.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Yep, big fan also. Have you seen the story of Bolan's son's education being fully paid by David Bowie? And at the time I read the article they'd never even met! Hopefully they got the chance to meet before he died.
        Never heard that story. Interesting though
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Never heard that story. Interesting though
          Worth a read.

Rolan Bolan faced poverty when his superstar father died in a car crash. But then, he reveals in this touching interview, he found an unlikely saviour...
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I let Mrs. Gregg in on our little game last night. We ended up laying in bed and listening to music for 3.5 hours. Her on her phone and me on my computer. Dueling music videos! Had a blast.

She leans a little 80's hair bands but gave me a great one that I forgot about. I am guessing i will post it in a couple of days.

Comment

I never knew there was a musical. Have to check on that.

Comment

"Fortunate Son" would've been my top CCR choice. It's my absolute #1 song to play every July 4th.
                I would have picked it before long it it had've kept being passed over ... then again ... I have a long list of those songs.

One thing's for sure ... this list is gonna be all over the f*%&£& place

Comment

• Im not sure if I'm eclectic or what but not too many real snipes from me yet other than Master of Puppets. Nice to see the variety, even if one is an 18-minute Yes song

I got (I believe) the first no-vocals song on deck....

Comment

• Observation: I am enjoying this very much and see that it is becoming more of a "favorites" list than a true top songs list. Which is not a problem with me, in fact its more fun. So....

Close to the Edge is recognized as pretty much the greatest prog rock song ever. So even if you hate prog rock, it is a deserving addition to this list.

Yet songs like the Pixies pick, Country Feedback, and Common People are accepted without comment. I find that amusing.

Comment

• "Where Is My Mind?" is universally recognized as an absolute classic, which is the reason no one comments. It's appeared in multiple films/TV shows. Ending scene in Fight Club for example. An instrumental version appeared throughout The Leftovers.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• About time The Boss makes an appearance. Another deep catalogue.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Observation: I am enjoying this very much and see that it is becoming more of a "favorites" list than a true top songs list. Which is not a problem with me, in fact its more fun. So....

Close to the Edge is recognized as pretty much the greatest prog rock song ever. So even if you hate prog rock, it is a deserving addition to this list.

Yet songs like the Pixies pick, Country Feedback, and Common People are accepted without comment. I find that amusing.
                          I was just poking at ya...that Common People song is not for me if it makes you feel any better

Comment

Observation: I am enjoying this very much and see that it is becoming more of a "favorites" list than a true top songs list. Which is not a problem with me, in fact its more fun. So....

Maybe one day you'll realize that the tiny bubble of your experience can't be projected onto everything ... maybe ...

I love how you simultaneously appeal to the credibility-recognition-police to defend your own decisions, yet remain completely oblivious to your own ignorance when it comes to stuff that doesn't suit your very narrow taste.

The most famous and iconic song by one of the most influential bands of all-time (Pixies) isn't a valid pick ... uhhh OK ... and since you appear to value "recognition", Pitchfork have Common People at #2 on list of best songs of the 1990's, NME #1 ... even Rolling Stone magazine had it at #8, which is saying something considering Pulp didn't make a dent on the US market.

Comment

• In the words of Grandmaster Flash, "Don't push me, 'cause I'm Close to the Edge!"
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

"Where Is My Mind?" is universally recognized as an absolute classic, which is the reason no one comments. It's appeared in multiple films/TV shows. Ending scene in Fight Club for example. An instrumental version appeared throughout The Leftovers.

Does anyone in this draft besides maybe Johnny know it? Just curious. Not a shot at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X