Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Thinking of indulging a little bit ...
    Do flashbacks count? Cause some of these songs make me a little flashbacky...

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Redbirds Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I knew Lucky was going to snag For What it's Worth. I just needed more time man!

Glad to get Dear Mr. Fantasy with my last pick of the day. Thought you sharks would have grabbed it by now.

Go get em boys!
    It's been crazy. I was under strict instructions from Ms. Lucky to make sure I came away with Tangled Up In Blue, but I decided to grab Immigrant Song first, and guess what Gregg took with the next pick?

Huge Traffic fan, but I can afford to pick up the Buffalo Springfield now and grab Dear Mr. Fantasy later this evening, can't I? Huh, Gregg?

I told the missus going in that having us pick one after the other would be very interesting.
    Last edited by Redbirds Fan; Yesterday at 10:35 PM.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Great pick on the Traffic song.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Great pick on the Traffic song.
    Thank you sir! I heard Winwood and Clapton do a tremendous version. I have to find it and post it here. For those who like the song they will love this version.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    It's been crazy. I was under strict instructions from Ms. Lucky to make sure I came away with Tangled Up In Blue, but I decided to grab Immigrant Song first, and guess what Gregg took with the next pick?

Huge Traffic fan, but I can afford to pick up the Buffalo Springfield now and grab Dear Mr. Fantasy later this evening, can't I? Huh, Gregg?

I told the missus going in that having us pick one after the other would be very interesting.
    Yep it is interesting. I am having to go a round or two earlier to get out a head of you. It is not about just liking a song, with each pick I think if I want it I better take it now.

I think all of the players are having some really good picks.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Redbirds Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Yep it is interesting. I am having to go a round or two earlier to get out a head of you. It is not about just liking a song, with each pick I think if I want it I better take it now.

I think all of the players are having some really good picks.
    You're right, a great selection across the board. I"m enjoying listening to the ones I'm less familiar with and also hearing the old favorites again.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper