The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Awesome. Not only can he play, he is very funny as well.

Seems like someone that would be fun to have lunch with.
    Indeed, great story teller.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Gregg - You're latest should be #763. In this case, you must bow to Isis.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The hills are alight...

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Gregg - You're latest should be #763. In this case, you must bow to Isis.
          My latest is 763?

I only bow to one, but the was a wonderful pick. Wore out my cassette.

Comment

• Wow, Israelites.....I was thinking of taking that a few times but always passed. Gah

Comment

• I had always read great things about the Love album "Forever Changes".

I was so underwhelmed by it. Found it boring.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                #772 Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A.
                I cant hear this song without thinking of this:

Comment

• I was thinking of artists who still needed representation ... and Carole King was on that list.

Comment

• Something About You was a great pick, too. Wish I had thought of that.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      I was thinking of artists who still needed representation ... and Carole King was on that list.
                      Same for Blondie. Nice pick - loved Heart of Glass.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Same for Blondie. Nice pick - loved Heart of Glass.
                        Agreed!
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Some great picks.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Pauly, did you ever hear the single version of "Two Tickets to Paradise?" The version we've heard forever is the album cut, and way back when radio stations decided this was the version to play. I never heard it until just a few months ago (funny enough, on a replayed episode of Casey Kasem's Top 40), but it's so cool and just different enough to make it great.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Pauly, did you ever hear the single version of "Two Tickets to Paradise?" The version we've heard forever is the album cut, and way back when radio stations decided this was the version to play. I never heard it until just a few months ago (funny enough, on a replayed episode of Casey Kasem's Top 40), but it's so cool and just different enough to make it great.
                              I dig it. Cooler version.

Comment

• Yes there are.

The two that stand out to me that I wish where on my team are Changes and the Wizard. Certainly more than that, but those I have no excuse for.

Comment

Working...
                                X