No announcement yet.

The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11th Neil Young pick (not counting Buffalo Springfield +2 and CSNY +2)

15 picks total ... and still overflowing with options.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      11th Neil Young pick (not counting Buffalo Springfield +2 and CSNY +2)

15 picks total ... and still overflowing with options.
      Yep, but you got a really good one with that last pick.

Comment

• I feel that the music of the Doors has not stood the test of time as well as the other big acts from the same time frame.

I have always liked their music, but very rarely listen to them. Is it just me?
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          I feel that the music of the Doors has not stood the test of time as well as the other big acts from the same time frame.

It is not just you. I am in exactly the same boat.

Comment

• Totally disagree about the Doors not aging well.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Had One Headlight on the back burner for a while ... nice grab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I feel that the music of the Doors has not stood the test of time as well as the other big acts from the same time frame.

I dont think the organ translates too well

Comment

• Lots of good picks lately. "One Headlight" is a 90's classic, "Us and Them" was going to be my Pink Floyd pick, and songs like "Tiny Dancer" and "Touch Me" should have been picked a lot earlier.

Comment

• Have a different War On Drugs track in mind ... that's a really nice record.

Comment

• In case anyone hasn't seen the video of the kids playing Forty Six & 2 ... this is great

Comment

• But I also discovered this is my draft-prep-youtube-travels ... another bunch of kids playing Waiting Room by Fugazi ...

Comment

• I heard "Don't Stop" on the drive home from work today.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I won my bet that johnny would pick an Arctic Monkeys song! Unfortunately, the odds were only 1:100

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              I won my bet that johnny would pick an Arctic Monkeys song! Unfortunately, the odds were only 1:100
                              Free money

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                I dont think the organ translates too well
                                I agree. Zeppelin, Beatles, Who, Stones, & Hendrix are timeless. The Doors are more like music nostalgia from the late 60's/early 70's. That being said, i still enjoy the occasional listen.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X