No announcement yet.

The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramblin Man and Rockin in the Free world are big favorites of mine.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Bryan Adams put out some damn catchy music.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Helter Skelter was the other Beatles song I was contemplating when I choose A Day In The Life.

That song is a perfect example of why The Beatles made so much great music in such a short space of time ... insane levels of competitiveness within the band and between other bands. Also the reason why nothing they did afterwards came close (except perhaps George Harrison).
        The song probably gave birth to the metal genre.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          That's one of those songs you don't realize is that rockin' until you listen a few times.
          Yea I'd actually never listened to it, really jams.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Had no clue whether anyone else would be considering it, but it was a must have, such great piano work.
            I am pretty sure I picked it our Island Draft, but I didn't go back and look.

I have done that LSD drive with song blaring at least twice. Once in a 1962 T-Bird with the top down (I think that was 1986).

I have just put in on my calendar to make that drive with Mrs. Gregg on Saturday Night June 20th. See what you started...Thank you.

Comment

Yea I'd actually never listened to it, really jams.
              Paul McCartney wrote it because someone had the audacity to claim that other bands made heavier music than they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I am pretty sure I picked it our Island Draft, but I didn't go back and look.

I have done that LSD drive with song blaring at least twice. Once in a 1962 T-Bird with the top down (I think that was 1986).

I have just put in on my calendar to make that drive with Mrs. Gregg on Saturday Night June 20th. See what you started...Thank you.
                Awesome!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is another that should have been on my list, great song.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" is another that should have been on my list, great song.
                    The 90's had so many of those types of songs ... I forgot about that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Paul McCartney wrote it because someone had the audacity to claim that other bands made heavier music than they did.
                      I'm pretty sure McCartney didn't write "Don't Let Him Go," lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I'm pretty sure McCartney didn't write "Don't Let Him Go," lol.
                        Not sure, but I want to hear the REO Speedwagon version of Helter Skelter now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Not sure, but I want to hear the REO Speedwagon version of Helter Skelter now.
                          I want to see that music video!

Comment

• 1980's music videos are so bad they are good.

Comment

• In Bloom is my favorite Nirvana song. Nice pick!

Comment

• Worst music videos draft ...

Comment

Working...
                                X