The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
    Interesting -- didn't imagine them being a great live band. The bridge in "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" remains an all-time great.
    That's the thing, I definitely wasn't expecting them to be great live so that's what made it so awesome. Happiness = reality - expectations.

Eta: they did a fantastic cover of "Creep".
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      You stole Marquee Moon from near the top of my list ... nice pick!
      Thanks. Such a great riff. And I just love the guitar tone in the song.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Kinks run!!!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Kinks run!!!
          Gonna get my Kinks tune in tomorrow
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Mith is crushing in the total time logged for his picks.
            I noticed that too.

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Mith is picking all of the old radio DJ "bathroom songs" lol.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              I noticed that too.
              What does that mean??

Comment

I saw them a few years ago and it's one of the best concerts I've ever seen.
                I had to be away from my computer yesterday for much of the day; so very disappointed that you snagged MY (now yours) Suite Judy Blue Eyes.

i am a big CSN and CSNY fan and that is one of my all time favorites. Certainly was coming off the boards when I got back home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  What does that mean??
                  Total song length in minutes.

Comment

Kinks run!!!
                    Well hot damn, was debating between "Lola" and another so I guess my choice is made.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I had to be away from my computer yesterday for much of the day; so very disappointed that you snagged MY (now yours) Suite Judy Blue Eyes.

i am a big CSN and CSNY fan and that is one of my all time favorites. Certainly was coming off the boards when I got back home.
                      They are one of many artists that I have two or three songs on my list, so once "Ohio" and "Southern Man" were taken, I figured it was then or never.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Kinks run!!!
                        I have a feeling another artist who hasn't been picked yet will have a similar run. Debating whether I want to start it or hold off.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Great pick on LSD. I loved that song back in the day (still do) shocked that I totally forgot about it. Can't say this was on my radar, but wish it was.

Comment

Great pick on LSD. I loved that song back in the day (still do) shocked that I totally forgot about it. Can't say this was on my radar, but wish it was.
                            Had no clue whether anyone else would be considering it, but it was a must have, such great piano work.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• After notating the dates on my picks, it's now pretty clear IMO that 1971 is greatest year of rock history. I'd always had a tough time deciding between that or 1969.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Every summer when I visit Chicago, I make sure to take a drive down LSD with the windows down with it on full blast.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X