The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Yet you picked that mediocre Pixies song!

Are you one of those "I hate prog rock" snobs?
    I don't universally hate it but not a huge fan.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• About time!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I strongly considered "Piece of My Heart" for this pick.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          I strongly considered "Piece of My Heart" for this pick.
          Glad I took it now. You have already snagged two of my picks and we are only through 70 picks.

Comment

• When you post youtube...do you guys prefer studio version or live in concert? Im torn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              When you post youtube...do you guys prefer studio version or live in concert? Im torn.
              I like both. I listen and just take what sounds best to me.

So for me it is a mix.

Comment

• I got one more holstered for today nobody better take it haha

Comment

• Love Fox on the Run.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Great pick with the Oasis song!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Surprised that CCR didn't appear until pick #76 but they are very deep.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Gregg, loving your list except for "Hotel California". When it comes to the Eagles, I'm in agreement with The Dude.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Gregg, loving your list except for "Hotel California". When it comes to the Eagles, I'm in agreement with The Dude.
                          Thank you.

I am not a big Eagles fan, but there are a couple of songs that I like. This one kind of grew on me over the years. I also recognize the popularity and importance of this American band. I had to grab it so I wouldn't be forced to take a lesser one.

I was going to say I wouldn't have had to take it if you wouldn't have grabbed Baba O' Riley!
                          Last edited by Gregg; 02-15-2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Shine On was one of my next picks, surprised it was still there TBH

Comment

• chance glad you got Hurt (wait that doesn't sound right). I have it on my list. I just didn't know when to pick it. Glad Cash made the top 100. Nice pick.

Comment

• "Fortunate Son" would've been my top CCR choice. It's my absolute #1 song to play every July 4th.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X