Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Mith - nice call.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Redbirds Fan's Avatar
    Ms. Lucky has now chimed in on the draft, opining that "1000 songs" is way too ambitious. She also laughed when I read her the list of entrants, saying it was the usual suspects for sure.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Redbirds Fan's Avatar
    Nice pick, Pauly. Always in rotation.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Pauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    Nice pick, Pauly. Always in rotation.
    Thanks!

will there be a single post with the master list of songs taken?

BTW, my approach to this thing is not trying to come up with any order to picks ... if a song is in my head & I think it's worthy of being on the top 1000 list, I'll put it out there.

I heard a song that I hadn't heard in 20 years yesterday - definitely not a top of mind song, but I'll probably put it forward; and my availability is very mixed so don't wait for me either, I'll make my picks up later
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.
    Some people think he's playing chess when actually his aides are trying to stop him from eating the pieces.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Do I wait for chance? Or is the two hour limit not in effect yet?

(Oh...1000....ha ha ha ha.....)
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

yeah we need a master list so we can search it and dont repeat picks.

I also dont get why we are waiting for each other on a list this big. If you are here and you havent posted in a while, just post.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    Ms. Lucky has now chimed in on the draft, opining that "1000 songs" is way too ambitious. She also laughed when I read her the list of entrants, saying it was the usual suspects for sure.
    Are you in?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    yeah we need a master list so we can search it and dont repeat picks.

I also dont get why we are waiting for each other on a list this big. If you are here and you havent posted in a while, just post.
    After noon today the only time limit is that you must wait two hours between your own pick. You get 5 picks per day. So at noon today everbody can just post their next song wait two hours and go again.

When you say master list are you talking about just 1-1000 with names only because I have already created the official list thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    After noon today the only time limit is that you must wait two hours between your own pick. You get 5 picks per day. So at noon today everbody can just post their next song wait two hours and go again.

When you say master list are you talking about just 1-1000 with names only because I have already created the official list thread?
    yes just a straight text list that you can search to make sure it wasnt taken. If that's too much trouble no worries.