AL Only keeper Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only keeper Feedback

10-team, 5x5, OBP and SLG replace BA and HR, $260 budget, 2C, 1 UT. I pretty much gutted my keepers to make a run at the pennant; I have Vlad at 5, Chavis at 5, Keuchel at 3, and these three others I'm considering:

Justin Upton 12 - Knee issue scares me. But he's a sure keep at 12, correct?
    Mallex Smith 14 - Again, had him on my for sure list given scarcity of speed. But at 14, is he too much of a sink in the other categories?
    Jason Castro 5 - More ABs with the Angels?

Bassitt at 10 is my only other person I'd consider keeping, and I think I can get him back for that or less.

Thanks for any help!
    I'm just here for the baseball.

I assume that it's a 2 catcher league, which would be the only reason that I'd keep Castro. Other than that, both Smith and Upton seem to be priced right, and should give you the stats that you need to compete, or the stats to deal if you fall out of the race.

And I think that you can get Bassitt back easily, considering that he's at best the #5 starter going into ST, and maybe the long guy if Puk makes the squad right off the bat.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah I’d probably keep all three hitters and not Bassitt. Could be easily convinced to dump Castro if a lot of catchers will be available in auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I assume that it's a 2 catcher league, which would be the only reason that I'd keep Castro. Other than that, both Smith and Upton seem to be priced right, and should give you the stats that you need to compete, or the stats to deal if you fall out of the race.

And I think that you can get Bassitt back easily, considering that he's at best the #5 starter going into ST, and maybe the long guy if Puk makes the squad right off the bat.
        I agree with this. They signed Castro to shore up their terrible catcher situation from last year. He is going to get more abs.

Comment

I agree with the consensus. Keep the three hitters and ditch Bassitt.

Comment

I wouldn't bother keeping Castro... I just don't see the upside in tying up that spot. Worst case you have to buy him back for 7. Best case you find a more interesting catcher for 5.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              I wouldn't bother keeping Castro... I just don't see the upside in tying up that spot. Worst case you have to buy him back for 7. Best case you find a more interesting catcher for 5.
              I agree with this take.

I'd keep both Upton and Mallex Smith at decent prices.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                10-team, 5x5, OBP and SLG replace BA and HR, $260 budget, 2C, 1 UT. I pretty much gutted my keepers to make a run at the pennant; I have Vlad at 5, Chavis at 5, Keuchel at 3, and these three others I'm considering:

Justin Upton 12 - Knee issue scares me. But he's a sure keep at 12, correct?
                Mallex Smith 14 - Again, had him on my for sure list given scarcity of speed. But at 14, is he too much of a sink in the other categories?
                Jason Castro 5 - More ABs with the Angels?

Bassitt at 10 is my only other person I'd consider keeping, and I think I can get him back for that or less.

Thanks for any help!
                definitely protect m.smith

I lean towards protecting j.upton though I expect his auction salary would be in the same ballpark as current salary

no thank you on castro and bassitt

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  definitely protect m.smith
                  Why definite in a 10 team? Seems pretty borderline. I'd be fine with a keep but I don't think it's definite.

Mallex hurts your team in every category but steals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Why definite in a 10 team? Seems pretty borderline. I'd be fine with a keep but I don't think it's definite.

Mallex hurts your team in every category but steals.
                    and steals are the hardest category to accrue. at $14, I spend the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      and steals are the hardest category to accrue. at $14, I spend the money.
                      I can understand that logic, but again to me that's a borderline keep - it's one where you know it's not necessarily the best move but you do it anyway for a known reason (like steals scarcity as you mentioned).

So not a definite move for me, but one that can be rationalized.

Comment

Thanks to all for the help. I’m pretty confident AMondesi is being kept and a couple other 20+ SB capable players.

Based on the advice, I’ll investigate a trade for JUpton in case the price and name recognition can drive some value.

Comment

Update - have an offer to deal Keuchel at 3 for Nate Lowe at 10.

5x5 with OBP and SLG replacing BA and HR.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Update - have an offer to deal Keuchel at 3 for Nate Lowe at 10.

5x5 with OBP and SLG replacing BA and HR.
                            I just couldn't trust any TB "regular" other than Meadows and maybe Adames...I'd have to say no to that deal. Keuchel isn't great, but he'll take the ball 30 times and there's some value in that.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              I just couldn't trust any TB "regular" other than Meadows and maybe Adames...I'd have to say no to that deal. Keuchel isn't great, but he'll take the ball 30 times and there's some value in that.
                              I agree with Hornsby. Tampa looks like a platoon at almost every position.

Comment

Working...
                              X