2K20: Corey Kluber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Wasted $26 on him in my high inflation mixed keeper league. But picked up free agent Cristian Javier as a replacement and potential $1 keeper. Win some lose some.
    Yeah, I lost Verlander and Erod right out of the gate. Gonna roll with the next man up philosophy. I was the clear favorite heading out of the auction. Now, I'm in a pack of potential winners. I guess that is more exciting? Yay?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, I lost Verlander and Erod right out of the gate. Gonna roll with the next man up philosophy. I was the clear favorite heading out of the auction. Now, I'm in a pack of potential winners. I guess that is more exciting? Yay?
      Do you think ERod is done for 2020? I spent $11 on him and thought it was a good price until he went on the IL. Will the threat of COVID-19 plus his pre-existing heart condition cause him to opt out once he is healthy?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Do you think ERod is done for 2020? I spent $11 on him and thought it was a good price until he went on the IL. Will the threat of COVID-19 plus his pre-existing heart condition cause him to opt out once he is healthy?
        Well, he is on the IL because of COVID, so the threat of reinfection is small. But I believe he will not be cleared to come back. I looked up myoocarditis, which is the complication he developed from COVID, on the mayo clinic site and is explicitly states, you will probably be fine with rest and medication, as long as you do not engage in sports for 3-6 months. That is in mild cases, mind you. By all accounts, Erod's case is mild, but still, 3-6 months is what the Mayo Clinic says, even for mild cases. Here is the link and text: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20352544

"In many cases, myocarditis improves on its own or with treatment, leading to a complete recovery. Myocarditis treatment focuses on the cause and the symptoms, such as heart failure.

In mild cases, persons should avoid competitive sports for at least three to six months. Rest and medication to help your body fight off the infection causing myocarditis might be all you need. Although antiviral medications are available, they haven't proved effective in the treatment of most cases of myocarditis."

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Well, he is on the IL because of COVID, so the threat of reinfection is small. But I believe he will not be cleared to come back. I looked up myoocarditis, which is the complication he developed from COVID, on the mayo clinic site and is explicitly states, you will probably be fine with rest and medication, as long as you do not engage in sports for 3-6 months. That is in mild cases, mind you. By all accounts, Erod's case is mild, but still, 3-6 months is what the Mayo Clinic says, even for mild cases. Here is the link and text: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20352544

"In many cases, myocarditis improves on its own or with treatment, leading to a complete recovery. Myocarditis treatment focuses on the cause and the symptoms, such as heart failure.

In mild cases, persons should avoid competitive sports for at least three to six months. Rest and medication to help your body fight off the infection causing myocarditis might be all you need. Although antiviral medications are available, they haven't proved effective in the treatment of most cases of myocarditis."
          Thanks for the info.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

ERod has been shut down for the remainder of the 2020 season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

ERod has been shut down for the remainder of the 2020 season.
              Yeah, there was no way he was going to pitch this year with the recommended shut down time.

Comment

Working...
              X