Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ consensus worst Democratic candidate?

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid In the Corn's Avatar
    Suburbs of Minneapolis...close to Hornsby
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    It's still far more relevant experience for the presidency than, say, real estate mogul/reality TV star.
    Oh, I don't disagree. It's just sad that Pete may be the best the Democrats have to offer. Part of the reason he's doing well is his age.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    Oh, I don't disagree. It's just sad that Pete may be the best the Democrats have to offer. Part of the reason he's doing well is his age.
    Perspective. I see him as more of the same IE: Centrist, Status Quo, Etc. and in that absolutely NOT the best thing for the Party.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Perspective. I see him as more of the same IE: Centrist, Status Quo, Etc. and in that absolutely NOT the best thing for the Party.
    You may be right about the best thing for the Party.

But is the best thing for the Party the best thing for the country?

And which is more important?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    You may be right about the best thing for the Party.

But is the best thing for the Party the best thing for the country?

And which is more important?
    The Country, of course. But again--I'm sure there are differing perspectives on that as well.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    The Country, of course. But again--I'm sure there are differing perspectives on that as well.
    I think a centrist is the best for the country.

Although I'm a little biased as a centrist.

It's still far more relevant experience for the presidency than, say, real estate mogul/reality TV star.
    Oh, that I agree with 100%, as I'm sure you already know.

Mayor Pete has done a great job considering no one knew who he was 12 months ago. If another Dem were to win the presidency, he should be guaranteed a top job within the administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I think a centrist is the best for the country.

Although I'm a little biased as a centrist.
    I'd rather have Bloomberg, Klobuchar or Biden if we're talking centrists. Warren and Bernie are still my top two. I think many MAGAts will consider anyone other than Trump winning a complete disaster so I don't think it really matters from their end who wins if it's not their demigod.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    Part of the reason he's doing well is his age.
    Absolutely. After Klobuchar and Yang finished 5th and 6th, it's essentially coming down to Mayor Pete and four people in their 70s. That's his biggest advantage and differentiator at this point. I'm not thrilled about the age of most of the leading candidates, either. Note that the last three Democratic presidents, Obama, Clinton and Carter (and three of the last four, with Kennedy), were all relatively young when they won the nomination and the presidency.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    It's still far more relevant experience for the presidency than, say, LOUSY real estate mogul/ LOUSY reality TV star.
    Fixed.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I agree. Call it a big 5.

First, what are the parameters for "worst candidate"? I'll presume you mean the "worst candidate to unite the Democratic party and build a coalition to beat Trump"? Or do you mean "which Democratic candidate would make the worst POTUS, regardless of their chances to beat Trump"?
    Ok, Big 5.

Which would make the worst POTUS.