Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: RJ consensus worst Democratic candidate?

  1. #31
    Journeyman Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    So you're saying that Klobuchar is your second favorite candidate. We're not as far apart as I thought.
    I figured you'd get a kick out of that.

  2. #32
    All Star Stephen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Currently DFW
    Posts
    6,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    um...the candidates themselves are a bit negative. There have been negative comments about each candidate. I wondered if there was a consensus of the Democratic RJers?

    Nice seeing you back.

    I appreciate your answer.
    That's fair and I wasn't directing that specifically at you, but rather the general trend of divisive politics where we tear down candidates we don't like, rather than build up the ones we do. The wording wasn't the best, I admit.

    There is a such a fine line in the primaries for me - because on one hand this is literally the time to nitpick and point out very minor differences between relatively likeminded people, but there is such a culture within the more vocal minority of fellow progressive (and often times younger) voters where it's like "We agree on 99% of things, but because there is 1% we don't agree on, you're the enemy!" type thing.

    I find that exhausting.

  3. #33
    Journeyman Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    That's fair and I wasn't directing that specifically at you, but rather the general trend of divisive politics where we tear down candidates we don't like, rather than build up the ones we do. The wording wasn't the best, I admit.

    There is a such a fine line in the primaries for me - because on one hand this is literally the time to nitpick and point out very minor differences between relatively likeminded people, but there is such a culture within the more vocal minority of fellow progressive (and often times younger) voters where it's like "We agree on 99% of things, but because there is 1% we don't agree on, you're the enemy!" type thing.

    I find that exhausting.
    Sanders' platform is in 99% agreement with the other candidates?

    Uh, no.

  4. #34
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    That's fair and I wasn't directing that specifically at you, but rather the general trend of divisive politics where we tear down candidates we don't like, rather than build up the ones we do. The wording wasn't the best, I admit.

    There is a such a fine line in the primaries for me - because on one hand this is literally the time to nitpick and point out very minor differences between relatively likeminded people, but there is such a culture within the more vocal minority of fellow progressive (and often times younger) voters where it's like "We agree on 99% of things, but because there is 1% we don't agree on, you're the enemy!" type thing.

    I find that exhausting.
    Yes it is exhausting.

    I hated the choices in the last election. Doesn't seem to be getting better.

  5. #35
    Journeyman Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Yes it is exhausting.

    I hated the choices in the last election. Doesn't seem to be getting better.
    Gregg, why would you start a discussion about a topic you find exhausting?

    Please tell me how any of my critiques are unfair, if that's indeed what you think.

  6. #36
    All Star Stephen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Currently DFW
    Posts
    6,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Sanders' platform is in 99% agreement with the other candidates?

    Uh, no.
    No, but that isn't what I said and even if I had the statistics were clearly a generalization within a hypothetical quote.

  7. #37
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Gregg, why would you start a discussion about a topic you find exhausting?

    Please tell me how any of my critiques are unfair, if that's indeed what you think.
    RJ is my Cliff notes. I also expect there to be more intelligent conversation in here than what I get in my walking around life.

    I seriously would not try to argue any of the points you made off the top of my head as I am not equipped nor do I have the desire. I appreciate you taking the time to write them. If there is something blatantly unfair I would assume some of the other Dems would correct you or call you out.

    I am almost jealous of your passion for politics. I do not have it.

  8. #38
    Hall of Famer B-Fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Montclair, NJ
    Posts
    47,786
    I think each of the candidates presents a unique set of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats with respect to first electability, second policy/platform, and third judgment/execution effectiveness.

    I think your question is focused on policy/platform/judgment/execution, not electability, but I'm looking across all of them. If I'm setting aside electability, then I think Warren is still my first choice. Adding electability back in, I think it may be Sanders. He's just proving better at connecting with voters and their concerns. I think Bloomberg is very strong on execution and his resources certainly help electability. Biden is my least favorite of the top five, but he could still turn me around if he can get his act together.

  9. #39
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,681
    Maybe the question should be: who do you think will win the Democratic nomination? I would be more interested in those responses than who is the worst
    (No disrespect at all Gregg, I greatly appreciate your point of view and don’t want to step on your toes)

  10. #40
    All Star The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    I think each of the candidates presents a unique set of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats with respect to first electability, second policy/platform, and third judgment/execution effectiveness.

    I think your question is focused on policy/platform/judgment/execution, not electability, but I'm looking across all of them. If I'm setting aside electability, then I think Warren is still my first choice. Adding electability back in, I think it may be Sanders. He's just proving better at connecting with voters and their concerns. I think Bloomberg is very strong on execution and his resources certainly help electability. Biden is my least favorite of the top five, but he could still turn me around if he can get his act together.
    You can't teach on old dog-faced pony soldier a new trick.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •