Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ consensus worst Democratic candidate?

Hall of Famer

RJ consensus worst Democratic candidate?

Is there a clear cut winner/loser in here?

Of the Big Four who is the one that should be out and why?

Who are your Big Four? I see Sanders, Warren, Biden, Buttigieg and Bloomberg as still relevant. (If Klobuchar can only finish fifth in Iowa, she's done, and Yang and Steyer were even worse.)

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Who are your Big Four? I see Sanders, Warren, Biden, Buttigieg and Bloomberg as still relevant. (If Klobuchar can only finish fifth in Iowa, she's done, and Yang and Steyer were even worse.)
    I agree. Call it a big 5.

First, what are the parameters for "worst candidate"? I'll presume you mean the "worst candidate to unite the Democratic party and build a coalition to beat Trump"? Or do you mean "which Democratic candidate would make the worst POTUS, regardless of their chances to beat Trump"?

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I agree. Call it a big 5.

First, what are the parameters for "worst candidate"? I'll presume you mean the "worst candidate to unite the Democratic party and build a coalition to beat Trump"? Or do you mean "which Democratic candidate would make the worst POTUS, regardless of their chances to beat Trump"?
    It's really two different questions, for sure.

I think Mayor Pete is the worst candidate to build a coalition to beat Trump. The low African-American polling (I mean really low) just seems to be insurmountable to win the general election. There are also plenty of closet homophobes who might actually vote Democrat that will either vote Trump or sit home, particularly in some swing states. So, I think he's got the lowest odds at winning if he were the nominee. I don't think Pete can be as captivating as Obama to get prejudiced (but potential) voters to overcome those prejudices.

Worst president, if victorious? Hell if I know.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post

Can't be worse than the current idiot.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    It's really two different questions, for sure.

I think Mayor Pete is the worst candidate to build a coalition to beat Trump. The low African-American polling (I mean really low) just seems to be insurmountable to win the general election. There are also plenty of closet homophobes who might actually vote Democrat that will either vote Trump or sit home, particularly in some swing states. So, I think he's got the lowest odds at winning if he were the nominee. I don't think Pete can be as captivating as Obama to get prejudiced (but potential) voters to overcome those prejudices.

I think he'd be worst on both questions.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I think Mayor Pete has a bright future, but just seems like he jumped from A-ball to the big leagues. Heck, the city he was Mayor of is not that much bigger than where I live, and I could not imagine for the life of me our Mayor running for President.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Can't be worse than the current idiot.
    That's the most important point. Every single one of them would be worlds better than Trump. I don't even have to hesitate a second on that.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid In the Corn's Avatar
    Suburbs of Minneapolis...close to Hornsby
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    I think Mayor Pete has a bright future, but just seems like he jumped from A-ball to the big leagues. Heck, the city he was Mayor of is not that much bigger than where I live, and I could not imagine for the life of me our Mayor running for President.

I have trouble thinking he can make this big of a jump.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    It's still far more relevant experience for the presidency than, say, real estate mogul/reality TV star.