Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RJ consensus worst Democratic candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    It's still far more relevant experience for the presidency than, say, real estate mogul/reality TV star.
    Oh, that I agree with 100%, as I'm sure you already know.

Mayor Pete has done a great job considering no one knew who he was 12 months ago. If another Dem were to win the presidency, he should be guaranteed a top job within the administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I think a centrist is the best for the country.

Although I'm a little biased as a centrist.
      I'd rather have Bloomberg, Klobuchar or Biden if we're talking centrists. Warren and Bernie are still my top two. I think many MAGAts will consider anyone other than Trump winning a complete disaster so I don't think it really matters from their end who wins if it's not their demigod.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
        Part of the reason he's doing well is his age.
        Absolutely. After Klobuchar and Yang finished 5th and 6th, it's essentially coming down to Mayor Pete and four people in their 70s. That's his biggest advantage and differentiator at this point. I'm not thrilled about the age of most of the leading candidates, either. Note that the last three Democratic presidents, Obama, Clinton and Carter (and three of the last four, with Kennedy), were all relatively young when they won the nomination and the presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          It's still far more relevant experience for the presidency than, say, LOUSY real estate mogul/ LOUSY reality TV star.
          Fixed.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            I agree. Call it a big 5.

First, what are the parameters for "worst candidate"? I'll presume you mean the "worst candidate to unite the Democratic party and build a coalition to beat Trump"? Or do you mean "which Democratic candidate would make the worst POTUS, regardless of their chances to beat Trump"?
            Ok, Big 5.

Which would make the worst POTUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Ok, Big 5.

Which would make the worst POTUS.
              Even the worst of the entire Dem field is better than what sits there at this moment.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Even the worst of the entire Dem field is better than what sits there at this moment.
                Then again that wasn't the question.

Who do the RJ'ers say is the worst of the 5 candidates (and why)? Simple question.

Comment

Who do the RJ'ers say is the worst of the 5 candidates (and why)? Simple question.
                  I am not a fan of pete for reasons too numerous to mention
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i think the worst candidate would be Steve. in order to be president you have to enjoy opera. and he doesn't know shit about operas.

Comment

I'm just kind of baffled by the question or the way it was phrased. The same info could have been gotten by asking us to rate the candidates, the way you phrased it was essentially inferring there are BAD candidates on the Left. So since I see this post as a passive aggressive swipe at the Left and it's panel of candidates, I'll repeat again--Our worst (as you put it) is far better than your best.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure that I want to embrace the "metrics guised in negativity" method. Here is what I'll say.

Of the top 5, I have...
                        -2 candidates that I'd be really excited to vote for that I have already contributed to the campaign, have buttons/shirts for, and will volunteer for.
                        -2 candidates that I'd be fine with that I would probably contribute to and volunteer for.
                        -1 One that I would hold my nose and vote for, but would not contribute as much time/$$ to as the other options, if any at all.

Even when we had 3582 candidates there was only one person that I would not vote for under any circumstance and they are no longer in the running.

Comment

1-A) Biden - This fucking idiot thought he could lie his way through the primary about his entire life, his Iraq vote, marching with civil rights protests, his role in the Anita Hill hearing, not seeking social security or Medicare cuts, etc. He would be forced to leave before his term ended due to senility, general confusion. He offers nothing but ego and image, and is entirely beholden to big donors and special interests. Disaster.

1-B) Bloomberg. You want to symbolically erase the will of the US people in the most clear way? Elect the 9th richest American to run the economy. I mean, just throw out the idea that Presidents cannot profit from their own self-dealing, as Bloomberg could not act without either hurting or benefitting his net worth with daily decisions. The blatant corruption would lead to even deeper political divides. He's also hugely transphobic, racist and sexist, so look forward to a regressive social agenda at a time of millenials taking over the largest age group. That won't fly.

3) Buttigieg. He's completely devoid of ideas that he believes in. Like Biden, running entirely on ego and image. Flip flopped on M4A completely, so he has no motivating agenda. Also like Biden, completely beholden to big donor and special interests. He doesn't have enough substance to think he's worse than Biden/Bloomberg, but his offer of nothing tangible is quite unsettling.

4) Warren. As the NYT endorsement was quoted in their endorsement of her, "Warren has a gift for storytelling." She has folded like a lawn chair too often to trust her. I was 50/50 on her becoming Sanders' VP up until the ludicrous Bernie backstab. After that, she slipped behind Klobuchar for me.

5) Klobuchar. Yeah, she's a total vindictive asshole, who throws staplers at co-workers, and seeks out her employees' future bosses to hurt their career chances. Yeah she's an embarrassingly unfit public speaker shaking like a leaf through pisspoor stand-up comedy bits where she relays her best twitter jokes. Yeah, she's a policy wet-blanket, offering widespread depressing pessimism about the future of the country. But at least she's consistent in her beliefs, more trustworthy than the 4 above her.

Bernie isn't on the list of 5 worst. Missed the cut.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            I'm just kind of baffled by the question or the way it was phrased. The same info could have been gotten by asking us to rate the candidates, the way you phrased it was essentially inferring there are BAD candidates on the Left. So since I see this post as a passive aggressive swipe at the Left and it's panel of candidates, I'll repeat again--Our worst (as you put it) is far better than your best.
                            Nah, I was just trying to fit in.

Thought I might learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Yeah, I'm not sure that I want to embrace the "metrics guised in negativity" method. Here is what I'll say.

Of the top 5, I have...
                              -2 candidates that I'd be really excited to vote for that I have already contributed to the campaign, have buttons/shirts for, and will volunteer for.
                              -2 candidates that I'd be fine with that I would probably contribute to and volunteer for.
                              -1 One that I would hold my nose and vote for, but would not contribute as much time/$$ to as the other options, if any at all.

Even when we had 3582 candidates there was only one person that I would not vote for under any circumstance and they are no longer in the running.
                              um...the candidates themselves are a bit negative. There have been negative comments about each candidate. I wondered if there was a consensus of the Democratic RJers?

Nice seeing you back.

I appreciate your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                1-A) Biden - This fucking idiot thought he could lie his way through the primary about his entire life, his Iraq vote, marching with civil rights protests, his role in the Anita Hill hearing, not seeking social security or Medicare cuts, etc. He would be forced to leave before his term ended due to senility, general confusion. He offers nothing but ego and image, and is entirely beholden to big donors and special interests. Disaster.

1-B) Bloomberg. You want to symbolically erase the will of the US people in the most clear way? Elect the 9th richest American to run the economy. I mean, just throw out the idea that Presidents cannot profit from their own self-dealing, as Bloomberg could not act without either hurting or benefitting his net worth with daily decisions. The blatant corruption would lead to even deeper political divides. He's also hugely transphobic, racist and sexist, so look forward to a regressive social agenda at a time of millenials taking over the largest age group. That won't fly.

3) Buttigieg. He's completely devoid of ideas that he believes in. Like Biden, running entirely on ego and image. Flip flopped on M4A completely, so he has no motivating agenda. Also like Biden, completely beholden to big donor and special interests. He doesn't have enough substance to think he's worse than Biden/Bloomberg, but his offer of nothing tangible is quite unsettling.

4) Warren. As the NYT endorsement was quoted in their endorsement of her, "Warren has a gift for storytelling." She has folded like a lawn chair too often to trust her. I was 50/50 on her becoming Sanders' VP up until the ludicrous Bernie backstab. After that, she slipped behind Klobuchar for me.

5) Klobuchar. Yeah, she's a total vindictive asshole, who throws staplers at co-workers, and seeks out her employees' future bosses to hurt their career chances. Yeah she's an embarrassingly unfit public speaker shaking like a leaf through pisspoor stand-up comedy bits where she relays her best twitter jokes. Yeah, she's a policy wet-blanket, offering widespread depressing pessimism about the future of the country. But at least she's consistent in her beliefs, more trustworthy than the 4 above her.

Bernie isn't on the list of 5 worst. Missed the cut.
                                So you're saying that Klobuchar is your second favorite candidate. We're not as far apart as I thought.
                                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X