No announcement yet.

2020 NL Only Keeper List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're only keeping two RPs, I'd keep Pomeranz and Wick. I disagree on Richards, but will concur the shorter season increases the possibility you'll get value out of him.

No on Starling at $46.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      Keep all the pitchers. Toss back Acuna. That guy sucks.
      If I toss him, he'll go for $50+, and then you wouldn't be able to try to convince me to trade him to you. Tell you what...I'll consider tossing him if you toss Woodruff and Lamet.
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        If you're only keeping two RPs, I'd keep Pomeranz and Wick. I disagree on Richards, but will concur the shorter season increases the possibility you'll get value out of him.

No on Starling at $46.
        Are you convinced that Wick will finish with more saves than Hudson? I'm just not sure about that one.
        2021 Auction Anatomy
        2021 Keeper Decisions
        2020 Auction Anatomy
        2020 Pre-Auction
        2015 Auction Anatomy
        2014 Auction Anatomy
        2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
          Are you convinced that Wick will finish with more saves than Hudson? I'm just not sure about that one.
          I'm convinced Wick is lower risk with higher return potential. Logic:

- Even if Doolittle tanks at closer, there's no assurance Hudson does well, either. Hudson's xERA was 4.75 last year, and he hasn't reached the K level of one per inning for two years.
          - I'm not even sold Hudson is the closer-in-waiting with the Nats dishing out $8 mil/year for Will Harris.
          - Doolittle's stuff decline, IMO, is less steep than Kimbrel's.
          - As you noted in an earlier post, Wick is the likely go-to if Kimbrel is OK, but gets hurt or needs a day off. He's clearly the closer-in-waiting with essentially no competition.

Comment

- Even if Doolittle tanks at closer, there's no assurance Hudson does well, either. Hudson's xERA was 4.75 last year, and he hasn't reached the K level of one per inning for two years.
            - I'm not even sold Hudson is the closer-in-waiting with the Nats dishing out $8 mil/year for Will Harris.
            - As you noted in an earlier post, Wick is the likely go-to if Kimbrel is OK, but gets hurt or needs a day off. He's clearly the closer-in-waiting with essentially no competition.
            Alright...you've convinced me, and I defer to the wisdom of the Pen. I will hedge my bets, though and keep both Hudson and Wick. Now my pitching strategy will be to draft two stud SPs and one solid closer for about $75 - $85 combined, which I think I can afford since I have seven pitching keepers for a total of $23.

(Definitely no extension for Fried nor Caleb, right?)
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

I was in favor of one year for Fried and no extension for Caleb. But I have no objection to not extending either.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                Alright...you've convinced me, and I defer to the wisdom of the Pen. I will hedge my bets, though and keep both Hudson and Wick. Now my pitching strategy will be to draft two stud SPs and one solid closer for about $75 - $85 combined, which I think I can afford since I have seven pitching keepers for a total of $23.

(Definitely no extension for Fried nor Caleb, right?)
                Good intel for your draft strategy next week.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  Good intel for your draft strategy next week.

Thanks!
                  We already discussed that’s what I was trying to do...though I was originally thinking two good pitchers and two cheap closers. Keeping Wick shifts more dollars into good starters and one good closer.
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

I wound up hedging my bets a little, and picking up Jeffress via FAAB this weekend (which paid immediate dividends on Monday). Great call from you on Kimbrel, who looks very shaky to start. Crazy that my first two saves of the season have come from Jeffress & Pomeranz...but let’s hope it continues.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Working...
                    X