2K20 AL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20 AL Only Keepers

This is a 12 team 6x6 (AVG, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB & QS+1/2W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD) AL only league. We can keep 12. F contracts can only be kept one year. Here's who I got:

Gary Sanchez $20C20
    Greg Bird $10A
    Rowdy Tellez $3A
    Vladdy Guerrero $10A
    Brandon Lowe $16A
    Al Mondesi $13C21
    Anthony Santander $10F
    Billy McKinney $8A
    Clint Frazier $8A
    Michael Brandtley $22B

Bryan Abreu $1A
    Matthew Boyd $2B
    Mike Minor $11A
    Nathan Eovaldi $3B
    Tommy Kahnle $10F

It's not that deep of a list but who do you like?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Greg Bird!!! Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time.

Sanchez, Vlad, Mondesi, Brantley, Boyd, Minor for sure. Probably roll the dice on Eovaldi. I would lean towards keeping Lowe too.

Comment

Gary Sanchez $20C20 - Yes.
      Greg Bird $10A - No. If you're interested in him, based on the lack of good options in front of him in Texas, you should be able to get him in the endgame.
      Rowdy Tellez $3A - Yes. He'll DH a lot, and Travis Shaw is no mortal lock to be a good hitter again.
      Vladdy Guerrero $10A - Um, well, maybe? LOL
      Brandon Lowe $16A - Toughest one in the group, but I'd keep. The K rate terrifies me, but the opportunity for a 2B at that price who could legitimately go 25-10 is too good to pass up.
      Al Mondesi $13C21 - Yup.
      Anthony Santander $10F - I like him. Yeah, the Orioles will likely suck, but he'll hit in the middle of the order and provide quality power.
      Billy McKinney $8A - Nope
      Clint Frazier $8A -- Nope.
      Michael Brandtley $22B Yes.

Bryan Abreu $1A Nope.
      Matthew Boyd $2B - Even with the trade risk, yes.
      Mike Minor $11A - Yes
      Nathan Eovaldi $3B - I wouldn't. Again, if you're interested in him on a flyer, I'd be surprised if you can't get him back for $3.
      Tommy Kahnle $10F - Too steep for me.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Gary Sanchez $20C20--Yes
        Greg Bird $10A--No but could be a late round flyer type change of scenery may really help him
        Rowdy Tellez $3A--Yes
        Vladdy Guerrero $10A--Yes
        Brandon Lowe $16A--I like him alot but I am not sure if he earns a profit. He was injured for a long time and that may suppress his cost at auction
        Al Mondesi $13C21--Yes Speed kills and everyone is buying
        Anthony Santander $10F nah but he could be useful
        Billy McKinney $8A--Nope
        Clint Frazier $8A--nope unless a trade happens
        Michael Brandtley $22B-Yes

Bryan Abreu $1A-No
        Matthew Boyd $2B-Yes
        Mike Minor $11A-Yes
        Nathan Eovaldi $3B-No but its more personal preference. He has never done well for me
        Tommy Kahnle $10F--No
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Thanks guys. I was never seriously considering Bird, but I think a flyer isn't out of the question for a buck (which means in my league he goes for $6). I don't think Lowe goes for less than $16. My league really goes for upside/potential.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Somehow I traded Matthew Boyd, Clint Fraizer and Greg Bird for Jake Odorizzi $4A. Pretty happy about that.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Somehow I traded Matthew Boyd, Clint Fraizer and Greg Bird for Jake Odorizzi $4A. Pretty happy about that.
              Boyd and Odorizzi are probably in the same tier. Boyd slightly ahead due to the >200K potential. But you are paying $2 more for Odorizzi? I can't see why you had to throw in Frazier and Bird (although to be fair those are very cheap throwins). Was it for the extra year you get on the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Boyd and Odorizzi are probably in the same tier. Boyd slightly ahead due to the >200K potential. But you are paying $2 more for Odorizzi? I can't see why you had to throw in Frazier and Bird (although to be fair those are very cheap throwins). Was it for the extra year you get on the contract?
                The extra year, absolutely. Also, Boyd is a trade risk and I do not think he's trending in the right direction. He worries me for this year.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Losing the stats if Boyd goes to the NL makes this deal a pretty big win for you.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Losing the stats if Boyd goes to the NL makes this deal a pretty big win for you.
                    Yup. Plus the extra year. Plus Odorizzi has trade value at the deadline if I am in the hunt for the title. Sure, I will lose strikeouts but I think all other numbers will be better.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Now that it looks like we will have a season (if Covid cases keep rising we might have to go on lockdown again) I thought I'd share my team. I don't believe I did, we drafted in May so there were still a lot of unknowns.

This is a 12 team 6x6 (AVG, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB & QS+1/2W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD) AL only league.

I left $10 on the table and that really infuriated me. Prices just kept going a little too high for me to pull the trigger and I probably let a few players not initially on my radar by that I should have jumped on. I don't think it's a bad team but there are holes, but they are fixable I believe. I like the value of the cheap outfielders I got at the end when I could outbid everyone.

C - GSanchez $20C20
                      C - CSisco $8A
                      1B - RTellez $3B
                      CR - YTsutsugo $13A
                      3B - VGuerrero $10B
                      2B - NLowe $16B
                      MI - TKemp $2A
                      SS - AMondesi $16C21
                      OF - MBrantley $22C20
                      OF - HRenfroe $22A
                      OF - MHanigar $4A
                      OF - SPiscotty $5A
                      DH - LVoit $19A
                      UT - MGonzalez $3A

P - SBieber $38A
                      P - MMinor $11B
                      P - JOdorizzi $4B
                      P - JTeheran $10A
                      P - BHoneywell $2A
                      P - LGil $3A
                      P - EClase $1A
                      P - BAbreu $1B
                      P - YPetit $1B
                      P - BHand $24A

Minors: LTavarez $5M, JRodirguez $10M (new - third overall), JJung $5M (new), Sheffield $3M, TMcKenzie $5M

So, what do you guys think? Weakness? Strength? Nice to be talking baseball again.
                      Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 06-25-2020, 06:06 PM.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Now that it looks like we will have a season (if Covid cases keep rising we might have to go on lockdown again) I thought I'd share my team. I don't believe I did, we drafted in May so there were still a lot of unknowns.

This is a 12 team 6x6 (AVG, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB & QS+1/2W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD) AL only league.

I left $10 on the table and that really infuriated me. Prices just kept going a little too high for me to pull the trigger and I probably let a few players not initially on my radar by that I should have jumped on. I don't think it's a bad team but there are holes, but they are fixable I believe. I like the value of the cheap outfielders I got at the end when I could outbid everyone.

C - GSanchez $20C20
                        C - CSisco $8A
                        1B - RTellez $3B
                        CR - YTsutsugo $13A
                        3B - VGuerrero $10B
                        2B - NLowe $16B
                        MI - TKemp $2A
                        SS - AMondesi $16C21
                        OF - MBrantley $22C20
                        OF - HRenfroe $22A
                        OF - MHanigar $4A
                        OF - SPiscotty $5A
                        DH - LVoit $19A
                        UT - MGonzalez $3A

P - SBieber $38A
                        P - MMinor $11B
                        P - JOdorizzi $4B
                        P - JTeheran $10A
                        P - BHoneywell $2A
                        P - LGil $3A
                        P - EClase $1A
                        P - BAbreu $1B
                        P - YPetit $1B
                        P - BHand $24A

Minors: LTavarez $5M, JRodirguez $10M (new - third overall), JJung $5M (new), Sheffield $3M, TMcKenzie $5M

So, what do you guys think? Weakness? Strength? Nice to be talking baseball again
                        P
                        I think that you have a few holes at this point, but not too many to overcome. I haven't heard jack on Haniger, so I suspect that he'll be a wash this season. Kemp is also a possible cipher, as is Gonzalez.

Pitching is good, but this isn't a good year to have good starters. As was said elsewhere, QS is going to be really rare, but that goes for everyone. Clase is out, as is Honeywell.

Minor leaguers are fine, but no help this year...you'll have to do some tinkering.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          I think that you have a few holes at this point, but not too many to overcome. I haven't heard jack on Haniger, so I suspect that he'll be a wash this season. Kemp is also a possible cipher, as is Gonzalez.

Pitching is good, but this isn't a good year to have good starters. As was said elsewhere, QS is going to be really rare, but that goes for everyone. Clase is out, as is Honeywell.

Minor leaguers are fine, but no help this year...you'll have to do some tinkering.
                          According to RotoWorld Haniger has been working out but they are not sure if he'll be ready for spring training 2.0. I guess that's better than "won't be ready..." Somehow we all screwed up and Aaron Hicks went undrafted so if Haniger is on the IL, I'll put a FAAB bid in for him.

I knew Clase would be out but felt he was worth a keeper shot for next year. There will be plenty of middle relievers to pick up to replace him, as well as Honeywell and Gil. Sheffield is an option to be activated.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Buys I like - Clase, Piscotty, Honeywell, Voit

Buys with upside - Haniger (probably limited this year), Clase, Honeywell

Buys I don't like - Cisco, Renfroe, Teheran. But Cisco especially.

I think you're light in power, especially with Haniger likely out still for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Buys I like - Clase, Piscotty, Honeywell, Voit

Buys with upside - Haniger (probably limited this year), Clase, Honeywell

Buys I don't like - Cisco, Renfroe, Teheran. But Cisco especially.

I think you're light in power, especially with Haniger likely out still for a while.
                              I think that's a very fair assessment. Though I have always had a soft spot for Renfroe. Cisco and Teheran were products of having money and needing to spend it. Teheran more so that pitchers went for way more than I thought.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X