X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl LIV

Sunday February 2, 2020 (FOX TV) 6:30 PM EST
    Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida

San Francisco 49ers (15-3) vs Kansas City Chiefs (14-4)

Halftime show: Jennifer Lopez, Shakira
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is the first medical doctor to play in the NFL, and will be the first to play in a Super Bowl on Sunday.

I would love to hear his thoughts on concussions and CTE.

BTW, he tried to get "MD" added to his jersey nameplate after graduating in 2018, but the NFL declined his request.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is the first medical doctor to play in the NFL, and will be the first to play in a Super Bowl on Sunday.

I would love to hear his thoughts on concussions and CTE.

BTW, he tried to get "MD" added to his jersey nameplate after graduating in 2018, but the NFL declined his request.
      He has worked with the developers of the Shockbox to help limit concussions: https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mcgill-m...raft-1.1816330

Comment

That game was exciting enough that it may have finally converted my 8-year-old son into being a sports fan, which will be nice for me, since my wife has zero interest in sports and my daughter is mostly just consumed with her singing and acting.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          That game was exciting enough that it may have finally converted my 8-year-old son into being a sports fan, which will be nice for me, since my wife has zero interest in sports and my daughter is mostly just consumed with her singing and acting.
          My 11 year old has absolutely zero interest in sports and I asked him to maybe sit and watch a little with me. He said, "the refs don't seem to be calling this game fairly." There is hope yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            My 11 year old has absolutely zero interest in sports and I asked him to maybe sit and watch a little with me. He said, "the refs don't seem to be calling this game fairly." There is hope yet!
            With no interest in sports how did he know what was fair?

Comment

Talk about a bad beat:

Patrick Mahomes rushing prop was O/U 33.5, which with 44 yards, he was well clear of heading into the final drive. But he took 3 kneeldowns and lost 15 yards of that rushing total, ending up with 29 yards.

Oh, the humanity!

Comment

The PointsBet sports betting app in NJ refunded the money for all "Mahomes OVER rushing yards" bettors - a savvy PR move
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I honestly didn't know until yesterday that Mahomes was the Super Bowl MVP. I stopped watching right after the game and just assumed it was Damien Williams. How can anyone make a compelling argument (with a straight face) that Mahomes (who was decidedly mediocre most of the game) deserved to be MVP of that game over Williams? Totally insane. I'm not normally one to buy into NFL conspiracy theories about the league going to -- sometimes -- extraordinary lengths to prop up their superstars, but...

Comment

the voting is done by media folks who have better things to do at the time than give a crap about who is named MVP. a lot of the voting is done midway through the 4th quarter anyway, and the simplest approach is just to say that the winning QB is their vote.

it's a weird process.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Talk about a bad beat:

Patrick Mahomes rushing prop was O/U 33.5, which with 44 yards, he was well clear of heading into the final drive. But he took 3 kneeldowns and lost 15 yards of that rushing total, ending up with 29 yards.

Oh, the humanity!
                      Say what? Without those -15 yards, Chiefs have more rushing yards than 49ers.

Damien Williams was cut by Miami and the Dolphins beat the Patriots to give the Chiefs a bye. The whole team may want to vacation in Miami.

Gotta love this. https://sports.theonion.com/victorio...-mi-1841420779

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        I honestly didn't know until yesterday that Mahomes was the Super Bowl MVP. I stopped watching right after the game and just assumed it was Damien Williams. How can anyone make a compelling argument (with a straight face) that Mahomes (who was decidedly mediocre most of the game) deserved to be MVP of that game over Williams? Totally insane. I'm not normally one to buy into NFL conspiracy theories about the league going to -- sometimes -- extraordinary lengths to prop up their superstars, but...
                        44 yards on 3rd and 15, then 38 yards on Richard Sherman.

I'd probably give it to Williams as well, but I can see the argument. Watch one of the miked up videos. Mahomes is heartbeat of the team.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Gotta love it, just don't believe it.

MIAMI—Crediting general manager Ryan Pace for playing an instrumental role in advancing his career, Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes thanked the Chicago Bears Sunday for selecting Mitchell Trubisky instead of him in the 2017 NFL Draft. “I would’ve never had this opportunity to compete for a championship if I had…
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            Gotta love it, just don't believe it.

https://sports.theonion.com/victorio...-mi-1841420779
                            Never mind. I just realized that article was written by the onion.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X