Coffee thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee thread.

Years ago we had a thread about coffee. Much has changed since then. I did a coffee search and it appears that the old thread was prior to 2014.

I like black bold coffee. I grind my own beans and drink about 3/4 of a pot a day on ave. Never less than 2 cups a day.

What about you?

I wish you had enough coffee to tell us about Olson last year, geez.

Comment

Jura machine owner here. Milk, maybe 1/4 tsp sugar.

3/4 of a pot per day seems like a lot. I'm one cup a day.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

no coffee - if I drank it, I might spontaneously combust.

I get out of bed each morning locked and loaded - well, not 'loaded' (anymore).
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Organic Dark Blend/Espresso beans, freshly ground and pressed. A splash of heavy whipping cream and every once in a while cinnamon and honey.

One cup to send me on my way.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Cart outside my office in Queens on my way up to my desk. Large with milk and two Splenda. On the weekends we tend to go to diners or bagel shops or brunch spots in the morning and I'll usually have two refills.

Comment

no coffee please. thank you.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

One cup every morning from the Keurig, always light roast. Splash some flavored cream and a stevia, and I'm usually good for the day.

The occasion vanilla latte is meeting someone at a coffee shop.
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Really good coffee black if I can find it. Otherwise, cream/milk and 1 or 2 Splendas to make it drinkable.

Horribly addicted to sweet espresso drinks from Starbucks and trying to break the habit. Would prefer to do iced coffee as I don't love their hot coffees.

Comment

I usually drink 2 a day. 1 from the Keurig at home and one from the Keurug at work. Some weekends I brew a pot.

McCafe if I'm on the go.

Hazelnut and/or vanilla if its an option.

Light cream or 1 milk 1 cream is the usual; half + half once in a while. Cut out sugar 7 or 8 years ago. Once in a blue moon I add it.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I do drink a diet coke with early lunch each morning for the caffeine... otherwise I drink water or diet sprite the rest of the day so I can sleep at night.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Got a Nespresso based machine that also froths milk last year ... no complaints here. Produces really consistent high quality coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I do drink a diet coke with early lunch each morning for the caffeine... otherwise I drink water or diet sprite the rest of the day so I can sleep at night.
                          Those diet drinks will kill you, dude. (So will the regular ones, though).
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Woke up at 3:48 am couldn't get back to sleep. First cup at 4:10. On number 3 because now I need to be up! Nice.

Comment

woke up at 4:55 because that's when my alarm went off (it's a temporary thing). Two cups in.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X