2K20 NL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20 NL Only Keepers

This is a 12 team 6x6 (AVG, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB & QS+1/2W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD) NL only league. We can keep 12. I feel like I have more than 12 (it's possible some of you might not agree) and I'm trying to swing some 2-3 for 1 deals. I'd like to get some thoughts on who my best 12 are. F contracts can only be kept one year.

Here's who I have:

Victor Caratini $4A
    Joc Pederson $5B
    Dominic Smith $3A
    J.D. David $10F
    Keston Hiura $10A
    Isan Diaz $1A
    Corey Seager $20C20
    Clayton Kershaw $25A
    Anthony DeSclafani $1A
    Eric Lauer $2A
    Zach Efflin $3A
    Mike Foltynewicz $8B
    Ross Stripling $3B
    Seth Lugo $1B
    Keone Kela $10A

Fringe guys:
    Phillip Ervin $1A
    Manuel Margot $12A
    Nick Williams $1A
    Alex Young $10F
    Johnny Cueto $10F

If you are feeling inclined it would be interesting to know the best 12 as well as who else you do consider a keeper beyond the 12 if any.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Victor Caratini $4A - YUP
    Joc Pederson $5B - OH, YEAH
    Dominic Smith $3A -- I'm going with no. I just don't see him getting the playing time.
    J.D. David $10F - YES
    Keston Hiura $10A -- YES
    Isan Diaz $1A --- For now, Yes. Marlins keep saying they'll move Villar somewhere else.
    Corey Seager $20C20 -- YES
    Clayton Kershaw $25A -- YES, there's enough in the tank to be worth $25, IMO.
    Anthony DeSclafani $1A -- YES
    Eric Lauer $2A -- YES
    Zach Efflin $3A --- I wouldn't. Won't help your ERA, will hurt your WHIP, doesn't K that many, don't see much upside.
    Mike Foltynewicz $8B --- NO, why would you do this to yourself?
    Ross Stripling $3B --- YES
    Seth Lugo $1B --- YES
    Keone Kela $10A --- YES

Fringe guys:
    Phillip Ervin $1A --- Right now, I don't see much of a window for PT for him. I'd say no.
    Manuel Margot $12A --- Do you get to keep his stats if he's traded to the NL? If so, I'd be inclined to keep. Those SBs are valuable.
    Nick Williams $1A --- Nope.
    Alex Young $10F --- I'd pass. Looks to start in the bullpen, so I expect you can get him for less.
    Johnny Cueto $10F --- Not at that price.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Not agreeing with the Mike Folty hate! Dude was pretty damn good in the last two months of the season last year, all indicating the turnaround was legit (see link). He also shut out STL over 7 IP in game 2 of the ALDS (before getting crushed in game 5).

At $8 in an NL only he is definitely a keeper to me.

Others (I picked 11 and choose the 12th between the borderline pitchers):
      Victor Caratini $4A - no, wouldnt waste a spot on a backup catcher
      Joc Pederson $5B - yes
      Dominic Smith $3A - no
      J.D. David $10F - yes
      Keston Hiura $10A - yes
      Isan Diaz $1A - hell yes
      Corey Seager $20C20 - yes, gotta
      Clayton Kershaw $25A - yes
      Anthony DeSclafani $1A - yes
      Eric Lauer $2A - very borderline, not enough K
      Zach Efflin $3A - very borderline, not enough K
      Mike Foltynewicz $8B - yes
      Ross Stripling $3B - yes
      Seth Lugo $1B - yes, definitely
      Keone Kela $10A - yes as long as he is clearly the closer coming out of ST

Fringe guys:
      Phillip Ervin $1A - no, too many ? in CIN OF
      Manuel Margot $12A - no, seems like a lot to spend on a platoon guy/pinch runner
      Nick Williams $1A - no
      Alex Young $10F - no
      Johnny Cueto $10F - no

Comment

Thanks guys. Seems like I am on the right track.

I tend to agree about Smith though I think he can get about 300-350 ABs by backing up a few positions and playing DH in interleague.

I definitely agree about Diaz and have always planned on keeping him regardless of whether he starts the year with a job. At $1 he's got great value with his upside.

I would lose Margot and his stats if he were traded to the AL so he's probably someone to toss back at this point. Too crowded in San Diego even though he's probably the only true CF they have.

I also like Folty even though he was bad for most of the year. I'll probably see what other owners think of him and that could be a factor in what I do with him.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I traded Margot $12A, Bote $10A and Folie $8B for David Peralta $17B. I basically see this as Folty for Peralta as I wasn't going to keep Margot or Bote.

Looks like I lost Joc Pederson, that really hurts. Stripling, not as much.

I'm working on trading for Paddock $16A. Wish me luck.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Now that it looks like we will have a season (if Covid cases keep rising we might have to go on lockdown again) I thought I'd share my team. I don't believe I did, we drafted in May so there were still a lot of unknowns.

This is a 12 team 6x6 (AVG, OPS, HR, RBI, R, SB & QS+1/2W, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HD) AL only league.

I was unable to get Paddock, the price was too steep. I ended up making a few other trades. Peralta, Seager, Lauer and Efflin for Eaton. I wanted to free up a middle infield spot and I felt Peralta was a little pricey. I had too many keepers so this helped. Lauer wasn't kept and wasn't even drafted. I then traded Taylor Trammell $10M for Casey Kelly $3A.

C - VCaratini $4B
            C - CKelly $3B
            1B - PGoldschmidt $33A
            CR - JPederson $5C20
            3B - JDDavis $10C20
            2B - KHiura $10B
            MI - Diaz $1B
            SS - DGregorius $20A
            OF - AEaton $16B
            OF - NCastellanos $33A
            OF - RBraun $18A
            OF - TO'Neill $10A
            UT - Jaylin Davis $1A
            UT - LThomas $1A

P - Kershaw $25B
            P - ADeSclafani $1B
            P - RRay $24A
            P - KKim $10A
            P - AWood $8A
            P - RStripling $3C20
            P - SLugo $1C20
            P - GCabrera $1A
            P - JHicks $15A
            P - KKela $10B

I left $2 on the table, mostly cause I spent more for Hicks than I wanted but I had the money. Maybe he's good value and is a keeper next year. Was happy to get Didi at the same price as Seager, basically the same player though it's crazy to think that Seager is only 25 (had to look it up). I'm happy with my pitching, which means it will be awful considering this crazy season. My last two hitters; JDavis and LThomas are shots in the dark future picks. Who knows what will happen with them this year.

So what do you guys think? Weakness? Strength?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Like most all the hitting, though you look speed short. Braun and O'Neill are very clever buys given the universal DH this year. You have pieces to trade if you want wheels or pitching.

We disagree on Ray - I think he's gonna be a train wreck and will single-handedly crush your WHIP, damage your ERA, kick your dog, and poison your cat.

I really like the GCabrera buy. He's still finding it - but a lefty with a monster arm is always a nice asset to buy for a buck. KKim could be a very sneaky buy, too. In a short season, batters being unfamiliar with his stuff could really work in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Like most all the hitting, though you look speed short. Braun and O'Neill are very clever buys given the universal DH this year. You have pieces to trade if you want wheels or pitching.

We disagree on Ray - I think he's gonna be a train wreck and will single-handedly crush your WHIP, damage your ERA, kick your dog, and poison your cat.

I really like the GCabrera buy. He's still finding it - but a lefty with a monster arm is always a nice asset to buy for a buck. KKim could be a very sneaky buy, too. In a short season, batters being unfamiliar with his stuff could really work in your favor.
                Ray was not my first choice but pitching went out of control. deGrom and Scherzer went over $40, Bauer went for $33, Wheeler $27, Bumgarner $23. The plus side is I don't have a god or cat. I just wasn't able to adjust.

Thanks for your thoughts, here and for my AL team. I hope you are right about Cabrera.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Thanks for your thoughts, here and for my AL team. I hope you are right about Cabrera.
                  No guarantees, of course, but I like the idea of taking a high upside arm like him in dollar days. He throws 96-97 easy, upside to 100, and already has a solid, though unspectacular, change. The Cards made him really work on his curve last year after he scrapped his slider - there was good news and bad news to that, as his command really improved, but his HR/9 jumped notably. With Brebbia out for the season, Cabrera has a really good chance of sticking around in a multi-inning MR role - and especially this year, that could really lead to good results for you.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    No guarantees, of course, but I like the idea of taking a high upside arm like him in dollar days. He throws 96-97 easy, upside to 100, and already has a solid, though unspectacular, change. The Cards made him really work on his curve last year after he scrapped his slider - there was good news and bad news to that, as his command really improved, but his HR/9 jumped notably. With Brebbia out for the season, Cabrera has a really good chance of sticking around in a multi-inning MR role - and especially this year, that could really lead to good results for you.
                    Since we draft off the 40 man rosters in our leagues I try to target a few guys like this at the end of the draft. I'd rather grab someone like this, even if they aren't going to make the team, than some retread reliever with no upside. I'll just FAAB that guy once the season starts, it's a nice two for one kind of thing. Now with expanded rosters looks like he'll start with the team, we'll see if he sticks when they trim it down.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                    X