No announcement yet.

NFBC Draft Champions - RJ squad recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony Rizzo is a flat out steal in the sixth round. And I’m a Brewer homer, but Hiura THAT early? Going to be interesting to see how all y’all fare at the CI positions.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah I've expressed some concern about 1B

Carlos Santana is someone we need to prioritize.

Comment

Trout has been #1 for so long that it seems strange to think that he is now #3 or even lower. It was inevitable that a 230 pound player would stop stealing bases.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ramon Laureano is a big surprise.

Gallo pls

Also like Paxton at this point. Or Mancini. I think he's preferable to Santana if for no other reason than positional flexibility.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Trout has been #1 for so long that it seems strange to think that he is now #3 or even lower. It was inevitable that a 230 pound player would stop stealing bases.
            He stole 11 last year, granted it's about half of the previous 2 seasons, but still nothing to dismiss. And what does a broken kneecap do to Yelich? Nothing? Something? We won't know until the regular season for sure...

Don't forget that Trout was playing with a sore foot last year that eventually required him to end his season and have surgery...so is he stealing again? Or does he settle into a role as a masher in the middle of the lineup?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I just don’t see much of an argument between Trout and Yelich - you can hardly go wrong with either. I mean, we’re talking about two guys with well over .400 OBPs and well over .600 SLG. They both can run, though I do think Yelich has the edge in SBs. Trout, with Rendon on board could put up absurdly high R/RBI totals.

If I were to be critical of anything, it’s the risk of not having any CIs this late. But that’s nitpicking. All of those pucks are solid.

The other team I’m impressed with so far is the team drafting 15
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

We took Santana and Lynn.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

how about an update chart or link - please

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    how about an update chart or link - please
                    sure........
                    Untitled-1.jpg

Comment

btw the david fletcher pick was a fun one. Guy timed out and seemingly had one player for later in his queue.

Comment

This is fun. Thanks for sharing, guys. Keep it coming!

What are NFBC rules btw? 5x5?

Comment

Correa is going too late - I think there is a better chance of reward than penalty even in an earlier round.

Is Ohtani a hitter or pitcher?

Comment

Ohtani is both.

We are about to pick Sano, if any of you guys in the group disagree, you better hurry!

Comment

Here's the latest grid. Comments, jeering all welcome.
                              Untitled-1.jpg
                              Last edited by Pauly; 02-03-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                                This is fun. Thanks for sharing, guys. Keep it coming!

What are NFBC rules btw? 5x5?
                                5x5 with BA. 2 catchers. 50 rounds, no transactions after the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X