NFBC Draft Champions - RJ squad recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFBC Draft Champions - RJ squad recruiting

Hey everyone. Last year a group of us here on RJ split a $150 NFBC draft champions league team (50 rounds draft and hold slow draft - 4 hour timer per pick). Well we are back for more. We all found that this was a great way to get in some cheap draft prep, and some of the player and strategy debates were really helpful as prep work (we opened a slack channel to discuss everything). While we didnt win, it was a fun time.

We did run into a couple of stumbling blocks:
    1. We were on different coasts, so when we were on the draft clock at 8 am EST, the west coasters were still sleeping and missed out on debating the pick.
    2. NFBC has bi-weekly roster moves, so we would meet up on the slack channel to discuss any roster moves on Monday and Friday. We had 5 total owners last year and a couple of owners checked out on the league pretty early on, so this roster management was left to the die-hards.

Right now we have me and Ken and frae on board. If you want to get in on this and you are on the East coast, and you plan to be active, leave a reply below. I think we can take on 2-3 more owners. I have already purchased the team, so you would just paypal me your share and sign up on NFBC, and I will add you as an owner. Here's a link to the overview if you arent familiar - https://nfc.shgn.com/rules/377

-Paul

I will reiterate that the nuggets I got from Pauly and Frae and mjl were very useful in draft prep later in draft season. This is worth much more than the investment even if we don't win the particular league. And it's fun.

Comment

feel free to PM me or Ken if you have questions and dont want to post here..thanks

Comment

I'm not really a draft guy, but it does sound like good prep work. When does it start? I'm in AZ fyi.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I've wanted to get my feet wet in NFBC for sometime now, and this sounds like a great opportunity! Would love to join just let me know what I need to do!

Thanks,

Kevin
          Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I'm not really a draft guy, but it does sound like good prep work. When does it start? I'm in AZ fyi.
            It starts whenever I enter a league...once it fills, the 4-hour slow draft starts. You sound like you are on the fence DMT...you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
              I've wanted to get my feet wet in NFBC for sometime now, and this sounds like a great opportunity! Would love to join just let me know what I need to do!

Thanks,

Kevin
              Awesome, welcome Kevin. PM me your email addy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                It starts whenever I enter a league...once it fills, the 4-hour slow draft starts. You sound like you are on the fence DMT...you sure?
                Yea I'll give it a shot.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

OK That's 5 people. One more spot open and we will each pay $25 to co-own the team.

Comment

Anyone else? I'd like to get us into a draft soon. Already some good discussion on draft positioning, first round strategy and who to target going on in our slack channel.

Comment

Well...DMT cant play because he lives in Arizona. So dumb!

So 1-2 spots are open.

Comment

I'd be in if you don't have anyone else!

Comment

revo...we would love to have you! PM me your email addy and I will invite you to the slack and the NFBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Well...DMT cant play because he lives in Arizona. So dumb!

So 1-2 spots are open.
                            I would have offered, but the November 2018 referendum in favor of fantasy sports still has not been implemented by the Louisiana government (still working on how to get their cut of the action, lol), so I suffer the same fate.

Comment

Legislating sports is the worst!

Anyway thanks all, we are full and good to go....and we got the second pick in our draft, hooray

Comment

Working...
                              X