Wheeler for Rosario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeler for Rosario?

12-team, NL-only, 25 man rosters, $280 budget, 5x5, OBP instead of AVG.

Been offered a $17 Amed Rosario who has already been extended through 2021 for a $4 Zack Wheeler who is due an extension this year (I would probably go to $9 with him).

I have liked Wheeler for years, and glad to see him finally put it together, but I do have some doubts as to how he will do in the smaller park in Philly.

Rest of my team is kind of a mish mash since I gave up a lot of future talent to make a failed run. Only definite keepers I have are E. Suarez, DeJong, Lamet, Woodruff, Gallegos, Knebel and Wheeler. I probably have 5-6 guys that I could justify keeping depending on their roles through ST or how inflation is looking.

Any thoughts?

They seem very close without the salaries, I'm not clear on why you should have to pay $8 more? Seems like a bad deal for you. He needs to make up the $8.

Comment

Rosario paid out $21 last year and may beat that in 2020, given his youth.

that park change is rough for Wheeler, and you are longer on pitching than hitting.

it's a fair offer but I'd lean Rosario.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Rosario paid out $21 last year and may beat that in 2020, given his youth.

that park change is rough for Wheeler, and you are longer on pitching than hitting.

it's a fair offer but I'd lean Rosario.
        OBP instead of Avg. Rosario didn't pay out $20. Both Wheeler and Rosario were $15-$16, so it's really not a fair offer.

Comment

I see you have DeJong on your team. So my question is what are the positions in the league? I we talking Rosario filling Ut, of a MI slot, or what exactly? If the cost was similar I'd see this being a difficult decision but with the difference, I'm leaning Wheeler.

By the way what is DeJong's status?
          Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

I'd rather have the $8 + Wheeler, but it's a reasonable offer. Given your pitching length, if the other owner were willing to add a sweetener - draft pick, minor league player, marginal keeper who might fit into your roster - I'd consider it. I'm also assuming ARosario could fill a MI slot.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks, all.

DeJong is signed through the end of this year at $10. I can put Rosario at MI and toss back Galvis, who I was going to toss back anyway since he was a FAAB pickup at $8 and that's too much for Freddy Galvis.

In any event, I went back to him and got him to add in Keibert Ruiz as an MLE to account for the price difference. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
              X