2K20: Bo Bichette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K20: Bo Bichette

Part of the Blue Jays young guns, Bichette will apparently be the every day SS and excelled in the majors in his 200 AB tryout last year. He showed good speed in the minors that didn't translate to the majors yet. Apparently BBHQ believes he will be a huge breakout this year, because they project 27 HRs and 23 SBs. I'm not sure I see such a huge breakout, but then again, I'm not willing to bet against that either. He also seems to be a big line drive doubles hitter, having hit 41 in '17, 46 in '18 and 36 in just 106 games last year.

What do you foresee from Bichette in '20?

I traded him and think he will haunt me for years. I think 25/20 with a high BA is happening. He will be a top two round pick in 2021.

Comment

Love him but not sure the SBs will be there to that level. Bet on 10-15 and be thankful for anything more. Not a matter of his speed, but rather Jays inclination to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
        Love him but not sure the SBs will be there to that level. Bet on 10-15 and be thankful for anything more. Not a matter of his speed, but rather Jays inclination to run.
        Yea, you are right about the team philosophy. I will still take 30/15 though, and I think he can do it.

Comment

I'm a little bit concerned about early success leading him to sacrifice avg for power ... we'll see how disciplined he is.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Last year in 212 PAs... 311/358/571, 23.6% K rate, 6.6% walk rate, .368 BABIP

O-Swing was 38.6% and he made contact with a pretty impressive 70.6% of those pitches. (That ranked him 73rd out of 360 hitters with 200 PAs, so high but not crazy high)

Z-swing was similar but not quite as good, swung at 75% of pitches in the zone (60th out of 360 ) and made contact with 81.1% of them (297th out of 360 hitters)

All of this is to say, I worry that there's more AVG/plate discipline risk here than people think. If BT is also worried about how much he'll run, then I think he has to be a stayaway given his ADP in the 70s.

Comment

Working...
            X