No announcement yet.

2K20: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Crick, Helsley, Lorenzen and Barlow were on my radar. Karinchak was not and Clase is out two to three months. That's interesting. I thought Stanek was older for some reason.

Of this bunch, I think Helsley first. He could be good in the pen, but they also want a SP. That's good for 2021 and beyond. Karinchak may be under the radar a bit, since he does not show well on the prospect sheets.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      We're getting to the late stages of a slow draft in a S+H league. Who among the under 28 crowd do you like in the bullpen, this hear and next?

J
      Kevin Ginkel
      Hunter Harvey

Comment

Found this at Fangraphs
        Doh I Missed

James Karinchak (ADP: 525)
        Kevin Ginkel (ADP: 578)
        Aaron Bummer (ADP: 584)

There is no shortage of desirable non-closers to stash. These just happen to be appearing on multiple of my rosters. I’m not especially concerned about Brad Hand. His late-season struggles didn’t seem to be tied to a decline in ability. His decision to throw fewer sinkers in 2019 might have proven costly. The sinker was always his worst pitch, but he might need it to keep batters off his four-seamer and slider.
        https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/late-r...elief-targets/

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Mark Saxon, Cards Athletic guy, has Helsley as his pick to close in a hard to predict situation.

Ginkel is interesting in Arizona given Bradley's uneven career so far.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Mark Saxon, Cards Athletic guy, has Helsley as his pick to close in a hard to predict situation.

Ginkel is interesting in Arizona given Bradley's uneven career so far.
            I feel like Lovullo is the type of manager who would bypass Ginkel for say, Hector Rondon. But that's just my gut.

Comment

Keynan Middleton in Anaheim is another potential flyer. He briefly held the job under Scioscia in 2018 before blowing out his elbow. He's 20 months removed from TJ surgery and showed good velocity in his late 2019 cameo.

I loved Hansel Robles last year but with a new manager and a very short history of success, I don't think he has a lock on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
                Keynan Middleton in Anaheim is another potential flyer. He briefly held the job under Scioscia in 2018 before blowing out his elbow. He's 20 months removed from TJ surgery and showed good velocity in his late 2019 cameo.

I loved Hansel Robles last year but with a new manager and a very short history of success, I don't think he has a lock on the job.
                Good tip.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Orioles manager Brandon Hyde says that RHP Hunter Harvey is a candidate to be their closer.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

03.11... Craig Mish of Sportsgrid reports that it's likely that Brad Boxberger will make the Marlins.
                    Spin: The former closer has allowed just a run so far in his six innings in the Grapefruit League. In fact, Mish believes that Boxberger is likely to pitch the eighth inning behind Brandon Kintzler as the stopper. There's a chance the 31-year-old could earn save opportunities if Kintzler falters and Boxberger pitches well to start the year.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Giles left the game after facing 3+ batters today. Dolis/Bass could close in the interim.

Greg Holland with the first KC save after Kennedy worked the 6th and 7th.

Drake with the first TB save after Anderson came in in the 6th.

Also worth mentioning, Daniel Bard got his first win since 2012! After losing his control, he was working as a pitching coach, was throwing on the side, scouts noticed and he was signed to a contract in COL.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

The Pirates Nick Burdi worked a perfect ninth inning in Sunday's 5-1 victory over the Cardinals, striking out all three hitters he faced on swinging strikes with his fastball topping out at 99 mph. He threw 9 of 11 pitches for strikes. Keone Kela is a free agent this winter and will likely be traded. Kyle Crick is also a closer candidate. I like Burdi in the long term, but Pirates manager Derek Shelton will probably mix and match until Kela is gone.
                        Last edited by madducks; 07-26-2020, 11:33 PM.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          Giles left the game after facing 3+ batters today. Dolis/Bass could close in the interim.

Greg Holland with the first KC save after Kennedy worked the 6th and 7th.

Drake with the first TB save after Anderson came in in the 6th.

Also worth mentioning, Daniel Bard got his first win since 2012! After losing his control, he was working as a pitching coach, was throwing on the side, scouts noticed and he was signed to a contract in COL.
                          Also, Taylor Williams w his 1st MLB save today for the Mariners. I have no idea what chance he has of getting more save opps.

Comment

I love the Daniel Bard story - that's just amazing.

Guessing what the Rays will do at closer is probably a fools errand, but they do sure seem to have fixed Oliver Drake. The Brewers tried for the better part of two years with very little success.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Drake had a busy 2018

May 5, 2018: Purchased by the Cleveland Indians from the Milwaukee Brewers.

May 31, 2018: Selected off waivers by the Los Angeles Angels from the Cleveland Indians.

July 26, 2018: Selected off waivers by the Toronto Blue Jays from the Los Angeles Angels.

August 3, 2018: Selected off waivers by the Minnesota Twins from the Toronto Blue Jays.

November 1, 2018: Selected off waivers by the Tampa Bay Rays from the Minnesota Twins.

November 26, 2018: Selected off waivers by the Toronto Blue Jays from the Tampa Bay Rays.

Brewers 11 G, Indians 4 G, Angels 8 G, Blue Jays 2 G, Twins 19 G

first MLBer to play for 5 teams in one season!

that was his age 31 season and he's a right-hander, too

then the Rays picked him up in Jan 2019 and now he knows how to pitch
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                The Pirates Nick Burdi worked a perfect ninth inning in Sunday's 5-1 victory over the Cardinals, striking out all three hitters he faced on swinging strikes with his fastball topping out at 99 mph. He threw 9 of 11 pitches for strikes. Keone Kela is a free agent this winter and will likely be traded. Kyle Crick is also a closer candidate. I like Burdi in the long term, but Pirates manager Derek Shelton will probably mix and match until Kela is gone.
                                Burdi with his first career save tonight. The window to get him cheap may be closing soon.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X