No announcement yet.

2K20: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Deja Vu all over again in Kansas City with Trevor Rosenthal once again seeming like manager Mike Matheny's choice at closer.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      It's Deja Vu all over again in Kansas City with Trevor Rosenthal once again seeming like manager Mike Matheny's choice at closer.
      Going for the clean cut look may be the ticket.

Comment

Roll out the big FAAB bucks for the closer in Cleveland tonight - OK maybe not, but how many guys with gray hair get saves - his 4th save in a 19 year career

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Or maybe Rafael Montero, who got tonight's save in his first game back from the IL.
          Rafael Montero, now with 4 saves in less than a week while not allowing a single baserunner. He may get a tougher test this weekend at Coors Field.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Edwin Diaz's slider is shows signs of a comeback.

he's still easily rattled, but worth monitoring at the very least if he got dumped in a shallow league. FB velocity is there; he just needs to keep controlling the slider.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Yates seems to have found his stride again.
              And now he's hurt, Pomerantz will close pegan to set up.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Kirby Yates has bone chips in the back of his elbow and will get a second opinion on Monday. That explains the elbow soreness.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Trevor “Gott” blown to Kingdom Come for the 2nd straight game. I can’t imagine he sees the next save opp. Tyler Rogers hasn’t been much better. I picked up Tony Watson as a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Trevor “Gott” blown to Kingdom Come for the 2nd straight game. I can’t imagine he sees the next save opp. Tyler Rogers hasn’t been much better. I picked up Tony Watson as a possibility.
                    Never underestimate the ineptitude of Giants manager Gabe Kapler.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Yankees Aroldis Chapman will be activated Monday after missing more than a month with COVID-19.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        And now he's hurt, Pomerantz will close pegan to set up.
                        A game like today is where the Yates injury really hurts. Instead of Pomeranz pitching the 8th and facing the LH Escobar, Pagan is the 8th inning setup guy...and he gives up a three run bomb. (And of course Pagan cost my team a potential Richards win...and a Pomeranz save.)
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          A game like today is where the Yates injury really hurts. Instead of Pomeranz pitching the 8th and facing the LH Escobar, Pagan is the 8th inning setup guy...and he gives up a three run bomb. (And of course Pagan cost my team a potential Richards win...and a Pomeranz save.)
                          Yeah, their BP was supposed to be a strength, right now--It why they are sub .500 Yates might be done for the year, Pagan has to get it together, Pomeranz will excel in the closer spot, but it's those 6-7 guys who need to step it up. I can't imagine there won't be a couple of changes soon.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I want to say I cannot believe Kapler went back to Gott......but I do. And he blew the game AGAIN. Third straight terribly blown save.

Comment

Workman & Hembree traded to the Phillies. Workman is expected to replace Neris as closer. Barnes to take over in BOS?

Comment

Pomeranz to the IL--I have no idea who they'll go to. Right now the only consistently effective BP arms have been Strahm and Quantrill also Morejon might be an option. However the Padres lack a real #5 in the rotation, if they do go Quantrill and Adrian in the BP--we could see Gore up within the week

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X