No announcement yet.

2K20: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI I might have been premature in calling the closer role for Drew. Though he's been better this year and IMO should get 1st shot at the role, last night before the Padres broke it open (score 5-3) Drew was up to pitch the 8th. Tingler is an odd guy and might play them both in the 9th, but I doubt it. So looks like another Trevor in the 9th for now. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

Now watch Pomerantz get the save tonight lol.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
      Who would you rather have, Gregory Soto or Diego Castillo?
      Hard to say. Last year i would have said Castillo. But, Soto seems to have really improved this season. Both are solid so far this year.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Gregory Soto has now gotten the last two saves for the Tigers.
        A Blown save for Soto tonight. So much for him ending the Tigers closer committee.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          A Blown save for Soto tonight. So much for him ending the Tigers closer committee.
          I decided to go with Jeffress over both Soto and Castillo.

Comment

• Neris, with a win and a save this week, with a scoreless 7th.

Hunter, who has been good lately, loads 'em up in the 8th in a 6-3 game and here comes Workman for a 4-out SV.

check that, he has his toreador outfit on as he flamboyantly waves all 3 runners home on a double to jack up Hunter's ERA - and possibly snag a win.

I'd love to read Girardi's mind over the past month.

#mewling

UPDATE: Workman allows the winning run to score in the 9th. but fear not, he has 100% job security this season. with any luck, your league doesn't use WHIP (1.938 entering this game and 5 more runners in 1 IP tonight).
            Last edited by Judge Jude; 09-10-2020, 09:58 PM.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Giovanny Gallegos left Thursday's game against the Tigers with a groin injury.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• beating a dead horse that, well, still has a Weekend at Bernie's closing gig:

Workman allows another inherited runner to score and allows one of his own, getting 3 outs on 3 hits and a walk in a harmless situation.

tally is now 27 H and 13 BB in 18 IP in 2020.

maybe he becomes the first closer with those sort of numbers to ever avoid an implosion. but maybe he doesn't.

#getoffmylawn

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Neris with a, well, Workman-like save tonight in a 4-1 PHI win.

allowed a (excuse-me-swing bloop) single and a walk for a 4-1 final.

that outing would have improved the 32-year-old Workman's symmetrical 2.222 2020 Ratio.

#deadhorse

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Hader and Montero lately have been trying really hard to get kicked off of my keeper list.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Brandon "The Arsonist" Workman on for a save attempt (lol) in a 7-6 game in extras after 2 scoreless for Neris.

gets a K and then a soul-crushing 2-run tater has the Phillies a game out of a playoff slot with 4 to play. 23 H and 9 BB allowed in 13 pitiful IP for the Phils.

FANTASY SPIN: Workman can be fired into the sun in all formats.

I still don't believe Girardi was ever dumb enough to prefer to have The Arsonist be his closer. but these days, to get a managing job you have to hand over your testicles in a jar to the GM before you sign your contract.

might be a fatal 'pen decision for what may go down as the worst bullpen in MLB history - even after FOUR relievers were acquired in trades more than 3 weeks ago.

#deadhorse

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Brandon "The Arsonist" Workman on for a save attempt (lol) in a 7-6 game in extras after 2 scoreless for Neris.

gets a K and then a soul-crushing 2-run tater has the Phillies a game out of a playoff slot with 4 to play. 23 H and 9 BB allowed in 13 pitiful IP for the Phils.

FANTASY SPIN: Workman can be fired into the sun in all formats.

#deadhorse
                        You have an unhealthy obsession with Workman.

Comment

• to the extent that I rightly scared RJ viewers off him from the get-go - I'll be they think it's very "healthy!"

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                          X